Thread: Kintec Racing

Default Kintec Racing

This is not a Pro Boat related post but I know a lot of us shop or have shopped with Kintec Racing and I wanted to pass along some sad news...Jan's wife just emailed me stating that Jan had passed away this past Saturday. He will definitely be missed. R.I.P. Jan.
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

Damn, too bad

Oh No! Sorry to hear that. He will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post
    This is not a Pro Boat related post but I know a lot of us shop or have shopped with Kintec Racing and I wanted to pass along some sad news...Jan's wife just emailed me stating that Jan had passed away this past Saturday. He will definitely be missed. R.I.P. Jan.
    Traxxas Spartan
    Traxxas Blast
    ABC Hobbies Super Hawaii

rip Jan , be missed for sure . not too far from me i would get stuff in 2 days .

wow ,website taken down already too .

O no. That is horrible. I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty distraught about this. I used to talk to him a bunch. Anyone know what happened?

RIP Jan. You will be missed
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

RIP Jan. Your impact and support within the boating community was monumental.
    You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    O no. That is horrible. I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty distraught about this. I used to talk to him a bunch. Anyone know what happened?

RIP Jan. You will be missed
    I haven't heard exactly the cause of death, but I do know he was hospitalized for a couple days and passed in the Hospital.
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

A loss for this community, for sure.

I didn't even know he had health issues. Just hits home with me and reinforces the fact that life is short. I think he and Steve have made a big impact on the boating community. I hope someone picks up where he left off. Steve and Jan were the only two reliable sources to get parts from.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I didn't even know he had health issues. Just hits home with me and reinforces the fact that life is short. I think he and Steve have made a big impact on the boating community. I hope someone picks up where he left off. Steve and Jan were the only two reliable sources to get parts from.
    This is true. A sad day for the boating community. R.I.P

What will happen with open orders from his store?

Guys, the owner just died. Let's give his wife some time to deal with all her personal issues before we worry about some money/product. There will be time for that later.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Zondar View Post
    I have $63.00 in PayPal money outstanding and website is down?
    I know losing money is not something that any of of like to do, but have some understanding and some patience. The guy passed away, nothing anyone can do about that. The only thing you can do is call paypal and talk to them about it. I'm pretty sure they will refund you for your purchase. Let us know your outcome.

The website has been taken down because she don't want anymore confusion by orders still being placed. It will all be handled as others stated, please be patient there will be a time and place for that.

Orders are being refunded. Mine was refunded today, I completely understand why.

i haven't been around for a few years, and i log in and see this.....

This is so sad ((
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Very sad news... I know I've heard some complain here and there but I've had great service and communication from Jan. He will be missed.
    Have fun with that....

May our prayers be with the family and thanks for all the support and good times the Kintec Team has given us.

RIP Jan, he along with Steve have been a great supporter of this hobby for many years.

We had some great times running boats down at Jan's place and just hanging out BS'ing on the dock and at his shop. He was an awesome guy and I am glad I was able to call him a friend.
    VS1 FE - UL-1 - Motley Crew - Miss Geico - Kintec Prince - Rio 51z - 1/16 Summit - 1/10 Summit - Ken Block Rally - Kyle Busch Truck - Losi Mini SCT - BL E-MAXX - Assoc FT SC10 - Wild Willy - Clodbuster - Sand Scorcher......

Does anyone know what happened?

r.i.p jan

Unhappy

Vio con Dios' Jan', your contributions to the RC boating community will be greatly missed

So sad to hear that.I can't belive.

Wow i too bought a lot from him ,prayers to his wife and family.

Still wondering what happened to him, if anyone knows, please post up.

Very sorry! A good guy and a shop!
    Earth down and eternal memory!