Thread: Zelos 36 Batteries?

Default Zelos 36 Batteries?

Hey Guys,

I'm in the market for some new batteries and was wondering what everyone is using ie Brand, C rating and mah ratings

I like to keep with the 3S myself but let me know If I should try something else?

My boat is stock, but would like to do prop upgrade down the road.

Thanks for the input
    Traxxas Spartan
    Traxxas Blast
    ABC Hobbies Super Hawaii

https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...rod=rev-ys5000 There is no substitute. My opinion the only better you can do for any RC is the 435 blend. http://www.store.revolectrix.com/Pro...el-70C-GOPACKS

I'm using Reaction 3S 5000mah 3C. I have 2 sets of 4 and they have been very consistent so far. They charge quickly and have gotten wet several times and keep on ticking.

I would agree staying with 3S. The way this boat runs, using 4 of them helps spread weight around for balancing. Some of the 6S are difficult to get under the deck so they won't go too far forward.
    May your batteries never fail you...

Mike

I run 3S 70C 5000mah Revo Graphenes. I run those batteries in just about every boat I own.

Hey MikieK that must be a typo with the 3c rating?

I was thinkg of going with a set these.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/reactio...ec5-dynb3811ec

Quote Originally Posted by mikiek View Post
    I'm using Reaction 3S 5000mah 3C. I have 2 sets of 4 and they have been very consistent so far. They charge quickly and have gotten wet several times and keep on ticking.

I would agree staying with 3S. The way this boat runs, using 4 of them helps spread weight around for balancing. Some of the 6S are difficult to get under the deck so they won't go too far forward.
    Traxxas Spartan
    Traxxas Blast
    ABC Hobbies Super Hawaii

DO you know if these would cut it? They are only 50C rating. I had they 80c onnve and they were great, but dont make them anymore
    Traxxas Spartan
    Traxxas Blast
    ABC Hobbies Super Hawaii

If you're stuck on the Reaction packs. https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...=hh-dynb3811ec

I think you have to factor in the price and what you have budgeted for some batteries. For example, for great quality lipos you might have to shell out more $$$ compared to another brand of batteries that are not as good but close. Yet the price difference is significant where the price for one of the better lipo you can get two. Sometimes, you are paying for the name brand. So what I would recommend to you is get the best lipos you are willing to spend or can afford within your budget. If you can get the graphenes then I would recommend them since there are a lot of testaments of how good they are and how many cycles you can get out of them. Plus they are not much more than regular lipos if not even less than some brands. There are several brands that carry them now where just a few years back only a couple brands made graphenes. Do some research and the ones mentioned here. I myself will be slowly transitioning into graphenes. Mind you there will be people saying lipo A is the best where another person would say they've had bad experiences with lipo A. There will always be bad experiences with any lipos regardless how great they are but find out what most racers use or what the general experienced fe boaters use and maybe you'll get the general consensus and then see if they're in your budget and maybe you'll find that the most $$$ lipos are not necessarily the best. Whatever lipos you decide to get just make sure you establish a good maintenance and care for them and they will last you a long time.

I wouldn't waste your money on reaction pack's. My buddy has some of the 80c packs and the cells never match, while my $40 packs are perfect every time. I use SMC packs and they work fine. Revo's probably have a lower IR.

My Revo packs have half the IR of my SMC/SPC packs.