Thread: How to program a Dynamite 3876 ESC with Dynamite 3005 program card

Default How to program a Dynamite 3876 ESC with Dynamite 3005 program card

I got my 36 Zelos all back together. I only need to program the 2 new stock Dynamite 3876 ESC's. I have a Dynamite 3005 programming card to make the job easier. Turns out its not so easy. The instructions do not state how to hook up the programming card to the ESC. They only say " Connect the servo adapter connector to the available 3-pin port on the ESC." BUT..... the connector from the card can fit the ESC port in either direction. There is no way to be sure of polarity. The ESC is not marked for polarity. I called Horizon, but didn't get an answer. They sent me a link that was not helpful. I may make another attempt at their tech service. Does anyone know for certain how to hook this up?
    Being that the programming card doesn't have a power source, it must get power from the ESC. If so, I am thinking I can figure it out by hooking up a lipo, then testing the port on the ESC with a DVOM to check which prong is + and - . The remaining prong would be the signal. Then hook up the card accordingly.
    Last edited by vinnyp; 07-29-2017 at 02:58 PM.

You have a 50 50 chance of getting it right. Reversing it will not hurt anything. You've got it right when the card lights up. I think the black wire goes closest to the middle motor wire on the ESC, but that recollection comes with a 50% margin of error...

Thanks Ryan. I did get it figured out with a volt meter. Programming was super simple with the card.