Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leak in Prop Liner

I think sealed roller bearings in the strut is a good solution. I've got speedmaster hardware on my boat and it more meaty than a cat's hardware. In that post I referred you to, one of the guys listed a source for bearings, Boca I believe...

Seems that the leaky hatch and a hatred to using tape is running rampant today! I really hate using tape... I came up with a solution on my boat. I think our hatches are fairly similar. Looks at the thread "Stickered Popeye" under What's New. I've been talking about that with someone else today and I posted my solution there. Take a look!

I found that thread about your hatch solution. I tried something similar but it didn't work. I had some thin rubber self adhesive mat, cut it out to fit. A tub test showed it still leaked. I have another idea I am going to try. I am thinking of trying some surgical tubing. The plan is to split it open and run it along the bottom lip of the hatch. Maybe it will give it enough of an extra seal.

It could be that the hatch lip that contacts the seal is not at the same height all the way around, or the lip in the boat is not squared. I had to remove material on the bottom of my hatch to get everything to mate as it should. You've tried a few different sealing techniques and it has still leaked, do it could be another problem.

I put mine in the bathtub then ran the water from the faucet directly on top of the boat. That was a test! When I finally got everything square, it had no water in it...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12