Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need to replace both ESC's . What to replace them with?

Got the new ESC's today. Thanks to Horizon. I spent a good amount of time today getting the boat water tight. I fixed up the leaks coming in from the white steering tubes. I tub checked it for hours, then filled the hull with water. This boat is absolutely water tight. Now for the bad news.... Put the hatch on, dropped it in the test tank props up and water enters very quickly. I had some 1/8" rubber sheet on the shelf. I attempted to cut it to fit and double up the hatch seal. Didnt work, leaked water in. I couldn't come up with anything else that works. I guess I will be taping the hatch down until I or one of you guys comes up with a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyp View Post
    I guess I will be taping the hatch down until I or one of you guys comes up with a fix.
    That's what the pros in my club have been telling me to do. Worked for years and it doesn't look like anyone is in a hurry to find a different solution.

My boat doesn't fill up all that quick when it is upside down. Had a few situations where it was like that for about 10 minutes - until I could commandeer a kayak and paddle out to get it. There was more water than usual but it was by no means flooded.
    May your batteries never fail you...

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12