Thread: Searching for correct rudder for classic hydro hull?

Default Searching for correct rudder for classic hydro hull?

Hi; just recently aquired this classic hydro hull set up as shown, but came missing the rudder blade. Can anyone help me track down the correct blade for this "bracket"? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to keep the old hardware, and would rather not have to replace the complete rudder assembly... Thanks in advance... Doug
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by boatcrazy52 View Post
    Hi; just recently aquired this classic hydro hull set up as shown, but came missing the rudder blade. Can anyone help me track down the correct blade for this "bracket"? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to keep the old hardware, and would rather not have to replace the complete rudder assembly... Thanks in advance... Doug
    Looks like the old Fuller's Fast Electric hardware design. Some of the old timers on this forum may have one of those rudders laying around.

Yes, it's a Fuller's rudder assembly. I had several, all 'natural' finish. None left unfortunately. Ray is still around, no idea if he has any left though...

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Seems you could make one pretty easily out of brass stock.

Hi guys; thanks for the answers; seems I did contact Ray and he wasn't holding any of these anymore. The ones he showed me pics of were not this type... Just heard from Doug Campbell; sent over some pics to see if he knows any are around. At least now I know what make this was...would like to run this but didn't want to change it. The old style rudder would keep it original... fingers crossed... Doug
    Last edited by boatcrazy52; 07-20-2017 at 11:57 PM.

Ken Joye was selling lots of Fullers stuff recently no?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Hi Ray; I'm kinda new to the forum...can you plot me a course to contact Ken? Thanks in advance.... Doug Campbell is out of town but thinks he's got a natural one or two left ..will check for me when he get's home... All positive thanks to this forum and Doug C... Great...

Never mind; I used the grey matter and looked... left Ken a message...Thanks for the help!!!
    Last edited by boatcrazy52; 07-20-2017 at 11:56 PM.