Thread: NAMBA Probation?

Default NAMBA Probation?

I'm curious.

Can someone point me to where in the book it describes how or why you might be put on "probation"?

Oh, and who makes that decision. That too.

Oh also, who keeps tabs on you while you are on probation? Someone keeps track to make sure you're not violating the terms of your probation.

Did a word search in the PDF and found no mention of "probation". Must be there somewhere.
    Noisy person

Good question

Cool

Terry, this is the closest I am aware of: 4.D.2b. "Withdraw membership from anyone guilty of unsportsmanlike conduct."

Around 25-30 years ago IMPBA had a provision allowing the removal of a member for unsportsmanlike behavior, had to do it once. No idea about today though.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Yeah, its not in there. Someone made it up because they didn't have the courage to do the right thing.

In a situation like unsportsmanlike conduct there is typically an offender and those that were offended upon. A probation was invented to appease the offended and not have to actually DO anything.

The person on probation is place there by?........somebody I guess. The membership isn't informed that the person is on probation. Who keeps an eye on this guy? Nobody.

Here's another interesting possibility. What IF.......the "offender" were a member of the executive board? Assuming there actually was such thing as an "executive board". Someone made that up too. IF the offender was a member of this ficticious exec board.......who would this guy answer too? The Pope?
    Noisy person

The probation is in there but guessing we can't suspend anyone!!

Cool

I think you have to kill someone Ray. There is no such thing as a suspension. Someone made that up for convenience too.

Another hypothetical. Just fer fun..... What if.......the BOD issued a suspension because they felt someone with a history of being a problem was out of line yet again. Think repeat offender. If that guy threatened to lawyer up a to fight the BOD decision. Keep in mind..........volunteers that do the work for a toy boat organization. Are they going to court? Of course not. It's a slam dunk for any lawyer. "There is no such thing a a suspension or even probation. Therefore how can my client be placed on it?"

...........grown men.....playing with expensive toys. They're toys guys. Stop thinking otherwise. Its a hobby.

Whats it mean though? That would just.......well........that means there are absolutely zero limits on behavior. Do what ever ya want and have a lawyer on retainer.

The book apparently needs a code of conduct and prescribed penalties. Although, a lawyer happy person would simply fight the evidence.

Remember the good ole days? When we were like minded dudes getting together to play with our boats and have a few laughs? I soooooOO wish guys that actually need to fight a disciplinary action would just move on. There is no place in this hobby for you.
    Noisy person

"I soooooOO wish guys that actually need to fight a disciplinary action would just move on. There is no place in this hobby for you".

MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Especially as president of said organization

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    I think you have to kill someone Ray. There is no such thing as a suspension. Someone made that up for convenience too.

Another hypothetical. Just fer fun..... What if.......the BOD issued a suspension because they felt someone with a history of being a problem was out of line yet again. Think repeat offender. If that guy threatened to lawyer up a to fight the BOD decision. Keep in mind..........volunteers that do the work for a toy boat organization. Are they going to court? Of course not. It's a slam dunk for any lawyer. "There is no such thing a a suspension or even probation. Therefore how can my client be placed on it?"

...........grown men.....playing with expensive toys. They're toys guys. Stop thinking otherwise. Its a hobby.

Whats it mean though? That would just.......well........that means there are absolutely zero limits on behavior. Do what ever ya want and have a lawyer on retainer.

The book apparently needs a code of conduct and prescribed penalties. Although, a lawyer happy person would simply fight the evidence.

Remember the good ole days? When we were like minded dudes getting together to play with our boats and have a few laughs? I soooooOO wish guys that actually need to fight a disciplinary action would just move on. There is no place in this hobby for you.
    Wow, you have this sort of problem too? I have submitted a remit for our National AGM on August 19, which is a code of conduct for members along the lines of what Terry has suggested. However, I have had no acknowledgement of the email even. Submissions were due in by August 4, with last years minutes, any remits and agenda for the meeting to be emailed out August 5. So far... nothing! Seems that the Sec. was too busy fishing in a river from Facebook posts.
    Why is it that there are those who see themselves fit to take executive positions on voluntary organisations, push those who are actually keen and willing out of the way/bully/abuse/discourage/threaten them, and dictate from a position that is in fact one of service? Much the same in our club too. I am not far off chucking in racing toy boats due to the crap behaviour of some. Feels like I have wasted a huge amount of time and money. To echo glue sniffer, what happened? I get lost for words....
    BTW I'm pretty sure I am on the outs with the National President, and I will be seeing him in a couple of days here at an event, may be interesting!
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

There are now rules on this. If you are a NAMBA member there should be an up dated page for your rule book that was sent out with the most recent issue of the Prop Wash