Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: *** NEW *** Pro Boat Veles 29 Catamaran

Quote Originally Posted by montymike View Post
    Has anyone found out on 4s and 6s the motor is in this boat sounds efficient might like one for my black jack and what timing.
    Several of us are running this motor in the older V3 cats. The Veles 3831 motor uses 7.5* timing.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Guys I got your flex cables finished. I ditched the brass drive dog on the first cable I made because I found some more stainless ones. Heading to the post office tomorrow. Let me know how they work out. If anyone else needs one I made theee extras. Pm me.

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Mines broke and lost also, lasted a bit longer though than others on here. PM sent on the upgraded extra flex shaft.
    Last edited by cboggs; 09-25-2017 at 02:00 AM.

Thanks Travis.

What type of steel did you use for the stub shafts & what solder to join them, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Guys I got your flex cables finished. I ditched the brass drive dog on the first cable I made because I found some more stainless ones. Heading to the post office tomorrow. Let me know how they work out. If anyone else needs one I made theee extras. Pm me.

What type of steel did you use for the stub shafts & what solder to join them. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    What type of steel did you use for the stub shafts & what solder to join them. Thanks.
    Well I'm not certain what steel. They don't rust so I'll say it's probably stainless. Here a link to the ones I use https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...?prod=ose-1381

And I use stay-brite silver bearing solder. Same method, solder and stub shafts I use on my other boats running around 100mph and haven't let go yet. Knock on wood!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Well I'm not certain what steel. They don't rust so I'll say it's probably stainless. Here a link to the ones I use https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...?prod=ose-1381

And I use stay-brite silver bearing solder. Same method, solder and stub shafts I use on my other boats running around 100mph and haven't let go yet. Knock on wood!
    What flux did you use & did you use a torch or soldering iron when joining the shaft & flex. Thanks.

Thanks all ordered one.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    What flux did you use & did you use a torch or soldering iron when joining the shaft & flex. Thanks.
    I use stay brite - stay clean flux and I use a micro torch to heat it up. Soldering iron (I have a big 80w weller) would take too long.

OSE has had that cable listed for a while, but the stock has remained at 0. They seem to be low on a number of models.

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    OSE has had that cable listed for a while, but the stock has remained at 0. They seem to be low on a number of models.
    I'll sell what cables I can till he gets some in. Maybe I shouldn't have invested in all the stuff to do this, was trying to help the Veles guys but ended up costing me money. O well, learned my lesson lol

I would probably put a 3/16 cable in it if I was going for speed on 6s swinging a big prop but thats just personal opinion

Guys I had planned on shipping your cables yesterday but I decided to hold off. Why? I'm very picky and I felt I could do a better job on your cables. My .187 process is a little different than the .150 process so I decided I needed to make a change with how far the solder comes out the shaft. When I was making the first batch I noticed the solder would wick into the cable 1/4"+ out of the stub and it wasn't flexible right there. So I remade all the cables and was extra careful to not use too much solder. I won't lie, I used up several feet of flex last night experimenting and test until I got it just right. Then when I did, I made up a sacrificial one to test, I chucked it up in my 18v drill on low speed high torque and clamped the other end in the vise. I then tried to break it or make the joint fail. I ended up with a twisted up flex with no joint failure using a little less solder and having a nicer looking flex. Like I said, I'm picky and if I put my name on it, I have to feel good about it. This is what the new ones look like.

Thumbs up

... Like I said, I'm picky and if I put my name on it, I have to feel good about it. This is what the new ones look like.
    Wow, nice work! I can hit the water with confidence now. Thanks for the attention to detail. Look forward to getting mine.

On another note, I contacted Horizon Hobby yesterday and they are sending out an new shaft and prop ASAP. I mentioned the trouble some of us are having and I'm pretty sure they're aware. Excellent customer service as usual, though.

I will try soldering the replacement shaft and it it works out OK, just keep it as a spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Two-speed View Post
    Wow, nice work! I can hit the water with confidence now. Thanks for the attention to detail. Look forward to getting mine.

On another note, I contacted Horizon Hobby yesterday and they are sending out an new shaft and prop ASAP. I mentioned the trouble some of us are having and I'm pretty sure they're aware. Excellent customer service as usual, though.

I will try soldering the replacement shaft and it it works out OK, just keep it as a spare.

I'll make a deal with you. Send me your new replacement shaft in exchange for a soldered shaft. I like to have a stock one on hand for mockup that I know I won't sell or use.

I'll buy one of the V1 cables to use on a beater boat so it's not a total loss for you, full well knowing you're not happy with them. Let me know how much and I'll add it to the rest of my parts.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I'll make a deal with you. Send me your new replacement shaft in exchange for a soldered shaft. I like to have a stock one on hand for mockup that I know I won't sell or use.
    Sure, I'll send it to you in exchange for one of yours. I'll let you know when I get it.

I'll buy one of the V1 cables to use on a beater boat so it's not a total loss for you, full well knowing you're not happy with them. Let me know how much and I'll add it to the rest of my parts.
    I don't have those anymore. I desoldered the flex, and cleaned the solder out the stub and put new flex cables in. I can make you one those. I ordered more parts to make these up yesterday morning

Awesome work Travis. It'll be nice to not loose another prop/shaft to the bottom of the lake.

Guys, were working on the flex shaft issue some are seeing. It's not a huge amount that are failing but there is enough chatter on the net to address this. It appears the crimp die started to wear and it got past manufacturing's QC, but not all boats have this issue. We have been assembling shafts this way for 3 years now with no issues, prior to this; Impulse 31V3, MG/BJ29 shafts.

I'm working on approving new shafts today. Once approved I'll request a bulk amount and will let you guys know when to call Product Support for updated shafts.
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    Guys, were working on the flex shaft issue some are seeing. It's not a huge amount that are failing but there is enough chatter on the net to address this. It appears the crimp die started to wear and it got past manufacturing's QC, but not all boats have this issue. We have been assembling shafts this way for 3 years now with no issues, prior to this; Impulse 31V3, MG/BJ29 shafts.

I'm working on approving new shafts today. Once approved I'll request a bulk amount and will let you guys know when to call Product Support for updated shafts.
    Awesome. I like how proboat takes care of their customers. Always top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    We have been assembling shafts this way for 3 years now with no issues, prior to this; Impulse 31V3, MG/BJ29 shafts.
    Funny, first run with my 31V3, lost the prop shaft out the back, right at the crimp. Glad to hear the fix is in the mix.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Nice Proboat for listening to your customers.
    32" Carbon Rivercat, Veles 29, Voracity 36, M41

Travis,
    Thanks for taking the time and initiative to get things right. I would be glad to kick in some more $$ for your time, development and testing. At least " you " are paying attention to quality control.

Funny, first run with my 31V3, lost the prop shaft out the back, right at the crimp. Glad to hear the fix is in the mix.
    I didn't say they were perfect, lol. I said we hadn't seen this concentrated of an issue before.

Anyways, updated shafts are approved and will be here in a couple of weeks, or less. I'll update the post when I have them in hand so those that want a stock replacement can get it.
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyp View Post
    Travis,
    Thanks for taking the time and initiative to get things right. I would be glad to kick in some more $$ for your time, development and testing. At least " you " are paying attention to quality control.
    No need for all that. Thanks tho! I just want to make sure you guys get plenty of runs in with your boats! Like I say always, if it has my name on it, I have to feel certain it's gonna do what it's supposed to.

Got the new flex today. It looks great. Thanks you Travis.

Default Veles 29 reported speeds

Reported speeds from a "stock" Veles 29 if anyone is interested. Not saying that I recommend all of these props but just wanted to pass some info.

6s
    55mph box stock with Raw untouched prop (rcboone2000)
    59.6mph stock prop s&b (vinnyp)
    60mph stock prop s&b (MADRCER)
    61mph stock prop s&b (rcboone2000)
    70mph ABC 1714 (rcboone2000)
    77mph ABC 1716 (MADRCER)
    80mph ABC 1716 (MADRCER)

4s
    50mph ABC 1914 (rcboone2000) temps were good
    55mph ABC 2214-10-50 (rcboone2000) NOTE: electronics very hot
    57mph ABC 1816 (MADRCER) temps were in check for this motor and ESC combo (E 140° and M 145°)

For more speed and information check out the Veles Fast list here https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...eles-Fast-List!!!
    Last edited by MADRCER; 02-11-2018 at 01:42 PM.
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

Hey Mark, are those ABCs on 6S the 17* rake?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast