Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: *** NEW *** Pro Boat Veles 29 Catamaran

I would take the ESC.

There is 1/16 of a inch difference between the two I moved the motor aft the 1/16 inch. I have a 1714 on prop on it now I have had a 1815 and a 1915 while I'm waiting on my 1714 from Chris.I have 20 proboats.I don't post much but I follow the posts on here.I do understand boat setup.I used to race nitro drag boats and alcohol flat bottom I still have the boats

Ok well I'll go pick the boat up Saturday. Thanks fellas for making my decision easy lol!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Ok well I'll go pick the boat up Saturday. Thanks fellas for making my decision easy lol!
    Gonna be sexy with the cf inside!

Quote Originally Posted by cboggs View Post
    Gonna be sexy with the cf inside!
    :)
    Lol
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Default Geico 29 v3 "Miss Veles" hits 75mph

I had to feed my cravings today since I'm playing it safe with the Veles until the upgraded shaft comes in, so I decided to get the Misses out this afternoon after work, I loosened her up a bit and she clocked in at 75.12 mph (121kmh). I had to make it short n' sweet because a huge thunderstorm popped up. One more adjustment and I believe I'll have her where she needs to be. Then I'll put a new fresh motor in her and I should pick up a little more mph. This motor has been abused on more than 15 runs and seen almost 180° in a couple of those, so I know it is bound to be getting weak cause she smells just a little...lol.

74.6MPH GEICO.jpg 75.18mph (121kmh) Miss Geico 29 telementry.jpg Miss Geico 75mph.jpg

Last edited by MADRCER; 09-21-2017 at 10:36 PM.
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

Ok guys I got the parts in today. I didn't get home from my sons ball game till late so I only had time to make just one up. When I went to order parts ose was out of the smaller drive dog that I needed to match so I had to turn down some brass drive dogs I have. They are more streamlined anyways. Here's a pic comparing to the stock one. I'll make a few extras this weekend and if anyone needs one just pm me.

Thanks Travis.. No need to rush mine out. If you only made up one, send it to Mark first. Let me know if the ESC out of your veles is available. May as well send them together.

Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post
    I had to feed my cravings today since I'm playing it safe with the Veles until the upgraded shaft comes in, so I decided to get the Misses out this afternoon after work, I loosened her up a bit and she clocked in at 75.12 mph (121kmh). I had to make it short n' sweet because a huge thunderstorm popped up. One more adjustment and I believe I'll have her where she needs to be. Then I'll put a new fresh motor in her and I should pick up a little more mph. This motor has been abused on more than 15 runs and seen almost 180° in a couple of those, so I know it is bound to be getting weak cause she smells just a little...lol.

74.6MPH GEICO.jpg 75.18mph (121kmh) Miss Geico 29 telementry.jpg Miss Geico 75mph.jpg

Great run ! These 29's are a lot of fun

That is impressive speeds in a geico especially with a stock motor!

Hey MADRCER, still no 4S run? I'm dying to find out what that MG V3 will run with the 3831 on 4S. On the fence about getting a 3831 or a Aquacraft 1800kv for p-limited.

Thread's starting to get a little off topic. I keep checking back hoping to see new Veles info. Travis, I suppose you'll take care of that soon enough!
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Thread's starting to get a little off topic. I keep checking back hoping to see new Veles info.
    Quote Originally Posted by flattrack View Post
    Hey MADRCER, still no 4S run? I'm dying to find out what that MG V3 will run with the 3831 on 4S. On the fence about getting a 3831 or a Aquacraft 1800kv for p-limited.
    Flattrack, Yes I'll PM you the info, so others won't be bothered by me posting MG 29 set up info with Veles running gear information here. Although some have said they really enjoyed my test, input, and the leads I have brought to the table to make their slow boats fast again. I'LL take a back seat for a while and see how this thread turns out. For several weeks this thread was dead and I hope Rafael and Darin understands that the info I have posted in this thread was to help ProBoat sell a boat and NOT to hijack a thread.
    Last edited by MADRCER; 09-22-2017 at 01:58 PM.
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

I have a question for the owners. The rear window, is it a decal or really louvers on it? That's the one thing I don't like about it, well that and the motor sits way to far forward. Can anyone clarify on the back window?

ARGHHHHHHHHHH! Wish I checked here an hour ago!

Maiden voyage. 20 feet from the dock - spinning motor, no go ..

Swim out to get her. What's missing here?

int1.jpg

int2.jpg

I don't recommend anyone running this thing until you get an updated shaft.

I'm really pissed right now.

Flattrack, Yes I'll PM you the info, so others won't be bothered by me posting MG 29 set up info with Veles running gear information here. Although some have said they really enjoyed my test, input, and the leads I have brought to the table to make their slow boats fast again. I'LL take a back seat for a while and see how this thread turns out.
    Relax Frances, you don't have to take you ball and go home. Your posts are useful, I read all of them, there's just no need for duplicates of them in multiple threads, especially when there's one dedicated for each of the two boats in question.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by Two-speed View Post
    ARGHHHHHHHHHH! Wish I checked here an hour ago!

Maiden voyage. 20 feet from the dock - spinning motor, no go ..

Swim out to get her. What's missing here?

int1.jpg

int2.jpg

I don't recommend anyone running this thing until you get an updated shaft.

I'm really pissed right now.
    Bummer. Did you have a sufficient gap between the drive dog and strut before you ran it? Were you running on the factory grease, or did you pull the flex and grease it yourself? Just curious.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Gap was perfect. Pulled the shaft, cleaned it and coated with it fresh grease beforehand. Checked EVERY fastener.

I know things happen, just really bummed.

There's too many reports coming in on this boat by people that know how to run a boat. There's has to be some manufacturing defect in the cable. I don't know what it is, but I wouldn't trust it! How frustrating is that, on a new boat!

Quote Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
    How frustrating is that, on a new boat!
    2nd
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

There's too many reports coming in on this boat by people that know how to run a boat. There's has to be some manufacturing defect in the cable. I don't know what it is, but I wouldn't trust it! How frustrating is that, on a new boat!
    I agree, but as a whole it's an incredible boat. This shaft defect is a "fatal flaw" IMO, in that it kills your day on the water. But it's one that is easily addressed.

This is not a beginner boat. Most everyone who buys one has run FE's before, I would hope. I would still buy one, just be aware that your prop will most likely end up on the bottom until you get an updated shaft.

So I am not the only one with a broken Veles crimped flex. Check out post # 86
    twospeed, did yours break at the crimp or did the cable snap? Can you post a picture of the broken pieces or piece? I was lucky enough to find my prop. I had to wade around in 3 feet of water for a while before I found it. Yes, I was pissed off as well.
    Last edited by vinnyp; 09-22-2017 at 09:38 PM.

Why not just put in a new shaft and tube before running? Looks like a good boat, no sense in letting the shaft ruin the experience!

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyp View Post
    So I am not the only one with a broken Veles crimped flex. Check out post # 86
    twospeed, did yours break at the crimp or did the cable snap? Can you post a picture of the broken pieces or piece? I was lucky enough to find my prop. I had to wade around in 3 feet of water for a while before I found it. Yes, I was pissed off as well.
    I pulled the shaft out this morning to inspect the damage. It sheared off right at the 10.5" mark. Not sure if that's the crimp point or not. Anyone have a stock shaft that can confirm?

The prop and the other piece of the shaft are at the bottom of the lake in 10' of water...

shaft1.jpg
    shaft_end.jpg
    shaft2.jpg

Why not just put in a new shaft and tube before running? Looks like a good boat, no sense in letting the shaft ruin the experience!
    rcboone2000 reported is OSE Mystic cable was the same length as the stock Veles cable. kfxguy is also in the process of building some upgraded cables as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rcboone2000 View Post
    The mystic flex shaft workers in the veles I pulled out my heavy duty ose shaft out of my mystic and it's the same as the Velez.I just ordered a new shaft from ose for the mystic
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I agree. If only that advise was in the instructions!

Quote Originally Posted by Two-speed View Post
    I pulled the shaft out this morning to inspect the damage. It sheared off right at the 10.5" mark. Not sure if that's the crimp point or not. Anyone have a stock shaft that can confirm?
    Courtesy of VinnyP
    veles_flex.jpg
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Two-speed
    Looks like it came apart at the crimp, just like mine did. I would contact kfxguy and ask him if he can make you up a good flex. This crimped flex seems to be junk. At least yours moved 20 feet, mine made it about 2 feet under power.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyp View Post
    Two-speed
    Looks like it came apart at the crimp, just like mine did. I would contact kfxguy and ask him if he can make you up a good flex. This crimped flex seems to be junk. At least yours moved 20 feet, mine made it about 2 feet under power.
    After inspecting the flex that was sent to me, I feel confident a crimped flex is not going to hold up to the power that stock motor has. It's capable of 70mph speeds, so it's putting down good power. Ehen the shaft was made they should have at least added a drop of retaining compound. At least it would have had a chance. I could be wrong but I'm suspecting the test units they used before production had soldered shafts. The crimp on the shaft I have is weak enough that when it pulled out, you couldn't even tell it was crimped down onto the flex

Has anyone found out on 4s and 6s the motor is in this boat sounds efficient might like one for my black jack and what timing.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast