Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: *** NEW *** Pro Boat Veles 29 Catamaran

I see. I wonder between the veles and ul-19 hydro, which can turn at faster speeds before flipping? Rafael had said the veles digs into the water more and turns vs the blackjack/geico which will drift more. Perhaps ul-19 drifts into a turn more than the veles.

And nice run at 69 mph with just a prop change

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of these hulls so I can see what I could do with it
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

IMG_3938.jpgIMG_3941.jpgIMG_3942.jpg

Just picked this up from my LHS yesterday. What a beauty! The owner of the LHS that ordered it for me was dying to look at it. We opened it in the store and drew a crowd, lol! Quality is simply amazing! The fiberglass looks about as thick as on the hull of my 212X Yamaha.

Can't wait to get it in the water. Lake's a little choppy this morning, so probably this afternoon before she gets wet.

Great job ProBoat!

I got mine today. Looks like a nice boat. Hopefully, this damn wind will die down tomorrow so I can run it. All I did to it was stuff some floatation under the deck, add zip ties to the all the water lines and grease the flex. We'll see how it runs.

Not looking good here this morning. WINDY!!! It may die down late this afternoon.
    Last edited by vinnyp; 09-10-2017 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post
    Got the negative trim out of the strut.
    Did you set the strut to neutral?

Looking at the pics of the pads, it appears the steps are much more shallow and the front wet area is reduced. I could see a little improvement with reduction in hydrodynamic drag but not enough to get over 20 mph more than a MG 29 V3 on 6S.

I see the top deck shape is a little more concave to resemble an airfoil similar to a Lucas Oil hull (much faster hull currently than a MG 29 V3 also). I'm wondering if ProBoat was able to get more speed out of this hull by increase aerodynamic lift with the top deck shape?

Reason why I'm asking...I'd like to get those speeds with my MG 29 V3 and not have to buy another boat.

Quote Originally Posted by flattrack View Post
    Looking at the pics of the pads, it appears the steps are much more shallow and the front wet area is reduced. I could see a little improvement with reduction in hydrodynamic drag but not enough to get over 20 mph more than a MG 29 V3 on 6S.

I see the top deck shape is a little more concave to resemble an airfoil similar to a Lucas Oil hull (much faster hull currently than a MG 29 V3 also). I'm wondering if ProBoat was able to get more speed out of this hull by increase aerodynamic lift with the top deck shape?

Reason why I'm asking...I'd like to get those speeds with my MG 29 V3 and not have to buy another boat.
    It can be done...see the below video of my MG 29 V3.

Last edited by MADRCER; 09-18-2017 at 09:37 PM.
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

For comparison, your MG 29 V3, what speed can you get on 4S? Will it hang next to the Motley Crew cat you have with the Veles ESC and motor in the MG?

I'm wondering if most of the Veles speed is maybe increase in wattage from Veles new motor and more efficiency? Maybe a bump in timing from factory?

Cory, the new 2000 Kv motor has about half the IR of the old motor, it also has more torque and runs cooler. I would not expect an extra 20 mph by switching motors, but the difference will certainly be noticeable.

Timing is all in the ESC, not the motor.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Veles runs at 7.5* timing and the V3 cats originally shipped set to 15*, then later reduced to 7.5* for more headroom. The Veles has a much better motor, as already detailed above. It also has a more aggressive prop than the V3 boats in stock form. Madrcer's V3 MG is excellent proof how much better the motor and prop alone are in the new Veles. The longer pads on the Veles hull will help handling, I'm told, but I don't think the hull itself is the biggest improvement in terms of gained speed.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Hull is narrower and longer ride pads so will not blow over as fast

Hi there from Bavaria

Looks like the hull (ride pads) are flat! Because on the MG hull V2, that I owned, there wasn't! The ride pads were convex! So on glassy water, she bounced!!! A blue printing was necessary.
    MG V3 seems also to have flat ride pads?!

Greedings, Klaus

Hey MADRCER, just to confirm, the old 2000kv 3650 is 3910 and the new is 3831?

Quote Originally Posted by flattrack View Post
    Hey MADRCER, just to confirm, the old 2000kv 3650 is 3910 and the new is 3831?
    Dynm3910 = old motor
    Dynm3831 = new motor

Are you go try the veles prop also?

The wind finally died down today. I took advantage of it to test out my new Veles 29 for its maiden run. Unfortunately, it didn't go very well or even last very long. I dropped the boat in the water, took a real slow ride to where I normally turn, turned back towards me, opened the throttle to about 1/2 for its first run and it didn't move more than a couple of feet. Walked out to get and found the flex came apart at the crimp! Prop and drive dog were at the bottom of the bay. Before you ask, I greased the flex. There was no binding in the flex either. Remarkably, after walking around a bit in the knee deep water, I found the prop! Just for the record, I had the stock prop on. I wanted a base line run before trying anything new out. Didn't happen today. Called Horizon, they will send me a new flex. To my knowledge, there is no upgraded flex available yet for this boat, other than wire drives. I am not feeling good about putting one of my good props on this flex. I don't care too much if I were to loose a stock prop, but don't want to loose one of my good ABC's.. Any options?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just letting you guys know that I could make you a stronger flex. I'll need some measurements for the first one. I silver solder all of mine and I haven't broke one yet. I definitely don't trust a crimped cable. At all. Why they would do that is beyond me, you would think that saving a few pennies now to cost you more later (warranty and upset customers) just wouldn't be worth it. Hey, yea, in a low speed shockwave 26 this sort of cable may work, but definitely not in a boat like this.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Just letting you guys know that I could make you a stronger flex. I'll need some measurements for the first one. I silver solder all of mine and I haven't broke one yet. I definitely don't trust a crimped cable. At all. Why they would do that is beyond me, you would think that saving a few pennies now to cost you more later (warranty and upset customers) just wouldn't be worth it. Hey, yea, in a low speed shockwave 26 this sort of cable may work, but definitely not in a boat like this.
    Thanks, I would be glad to forward you measurements, or if you needed I can send you the broken flex so you can match it up.
    The worst part is that I have been fighting the weather here for a while. Today was a calm day and I didn't have my Zelos with me. Only brought the Veles today.

Not even close. The stock Geico 29 v3 cable is 12 inches long and the Veles cable is 13 3/16 inches long. The drive dog cut outs are different spaced as well.

I also made some good use of some of the packing foam, I put a couple of pieces that were already cut perfectly in the front of the bow. They were like they were made for this area. Only the one large block in the center was there from the factory.

Attachment 153737Attachment 153738Attachment 153739Attachment 153740
    Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I'm Game. Overall length is 13 3/16 inch see photos of my previous post on the Geico v3 cable comparison with the Veles. What other info would you need? I don't want to go .187 yet.... Put me on the list for a cable and let me know when you get it ready.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyp View Post
    The wind finally died down today. I took advantage of it to test out my new Veles 29 for its maiden run. Unfortunately, it didn't go very well or even last very long. I dropped the boat in the water, took a real slow ride to where I normally turn, turned back towards me, opened the throttle to about 1/2 for its first run and it didn't move more than a couple of feet. Walked out to get and found the flex came apart at the crimp! Prop and drive dog were at the bottom of the bay. Before you ask, I greased the flex. There was no binding in the flex either. Remarkably, after walking around a bit in the knee deep water, I found the prop! Just for the record, I had the stock prop on. I wanted a base line run before trying anything new out. Didn't happen today. Called Horizon, they will send me a new flex. To my knowledge, there is no upgraded flex available yet for this boat, other than wire drives. I am not feeling good about putting one of my good props on this flex. I don't care too much if I were to loose a stock prop, but don't want to loose one of my good ABC's.. Any options?
    Dang! I was afraid of that...
    Last edited by MADRCER; 09-11-2017 at 07:54 PM.
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyp View Post
    Thanks, I would be glad to forward you measurements, or if you needed I can send you the broken flex so you can match it up.
    The worst part is that I have been fighting the weather here for a while. Today was a calm day and I didn't have my Zelos with me. Only brought the Veles today.
    Pm coming

I can make you guys really whatever you want. I will have to order parts from the ose store because I don't keep stuff on hand to make smaller cables.....I only have about 90ft of .187 flex on hand but I do have .150 axle stubs. I got tired of ose and kintec running out of cable stock so I made a jig and started making my own shafts a while back. Here's the deal tho, once ose starts offering upgraded cables for this boat, I will no longer make them. The only reason I'm willing to do it is to fill the gap for you guys right now and get you going with piece of mind knowing that you won't lose your prop again. Even though they send you a replacement, won't the thought still be worrying you that the replacement might fail because it's crimped? No personal gain to be had here. Personally I like proboat boats and I don't mind helping the guys that own them. So if you need a cable, pm me.
    Last edited by kfxguy; 09-11-2017 at 02:29 PM.

Thanks Travis. You are 100% correct. Like I said before, I don't trust these cables with my good props. PM sent to you with my information.

Here's a Benchmark to go by (60mph) on the Veles 100% all stock boat prop and all on 6s....Video coming soon... The ABC is on now if I can make another run before the rain starts back.

20170912_174134.jpg

How good does it turn?

Pretty good now that I almost got it tweaked out. It's as good as my MC in the turning category.
    Last edited by MADRCER; 09-12-2017 at 10:17 PM.

Great run. I hope to test mine soon.

At least your flex didn't fall apart!!

Default Veles 29 hits 70mph with ABC prop!

Here is the 70mph run. The boat still needs a little tweaking.The temps are higher than normal because this run was right after my initial all stock 60mph run and the rain was about to start back, so I couldn't wait as long as I would like to have before going back out. "warranty is up"!!! (as Chris says). I got to thank him again as well....Thanks to Chris for the Awesome Prop that helped me get in the 70+mph club again with another stock boat.

70mph Veles 29 ABC PROP 9-12-17.jpg

Last edited by MADRCER; 09-13-2017 at 12:44 AM.

Default VELES 29 Hits 60mph (100% stock boat)

All stock boat 100%..The stock prop has been sharpened and balanced by Chris Hoffmann (Dasboata). Temps were 133° on the ESC & 143° on the motor after a pretty hard run (batteries were down to 3.85volts per cell). Thanks for watching!

60mph stock Veles 29 9-12-17.jpgVeles 60mph all stock.jpg

Could some please do me a big favor. Measure the mounting pad on the strut where it bolts to the transom. Height and width. Thx!

Here is the 70mph run. The boat still needs a little tweaking.The temps are higher than normal because this run was right after my initial all stock 60mph run and the rain was about to start back, so I couldn't wait as long as I would like to have before going back out. "warranty is up"!!! (as Chris says). I got to thank him again as well....Thanks to Chris for the Awesome Prop that helped me get in the 70+mph club again with another stock boat.

70mph Veles 29 ABC PROP 9-12-17.jpg

Looking good! You think you'll be able to top your Geico speed?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast