Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: *** NEW *** Pro Boat Veles 29 Catamaran

Ok thanks again for the info.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
    Team Liquid Dash

I just ran my Veles today for the first time as well. It was a bit windy and about a 3-4” chop. I ran it stock on 4s and found it took a while to get on plane, but once it took off. I would say it took at least 3/4 throttle and about 3 seconds or so to get up on plane.

This is the first Cat I’ve driven so I’m not sure if this issue is just how a cat works, or if it is because I was running 4s, the wind and waves, or the tuning of the boat. I’m not sure if the prop strut is too low, when I set the boat on our flat table the strut is touching the table, the same level at the bottom of the boat. I’m not sure if it should be raised up a bit so there is some clearance when sitting on a flat surface?

I figured I would check here to see if it is working the way it should on 4s or if I should make some adjustments? Or perhaps running 5s would be better. If I switch to 6s what prop do people recommend?

how do you get this hull to run flat??

my bow keeps coming up .moving lipos forward just scrubs off speed .
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

Quote Originally Posted by boatsrnew2me View Post
    how do you get this hull to run flat??

my bow keeps coming up .moving lipos forward just scrubs off speed .
    I told you what setup will work and what will get you in "the ballpark", but you elected to go by an online setup guide you found and not use my input. If you try what I told you and you have the same issues then I would start looking deeper for other issues possibly with the hull or even the prop. I haven't heard anyone else on here complain about the input I gave them when they were reaching out for help due to having issues with their boat......If I remember right this boat went through a couple members hands rather quickly prior to you getting it (there might be a reason for that). Sounds like that hull could have had a hard life and potentially a history of being "belly up" a lot, because one of the purchasers was unhappy and asking for a partial reimbursement of payment and also was complaining about cracks in the canopy and hull, a bent rudder mount, and a blown out servo upon receiving it.
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

i straightened out the rudder mount in my vise ,no longer an issue there .gonna start over on the strut depth and probably file it open so i can add some downward angle to the prop .that should help .
    i tend to over research everything so forgive me if i haven't taken your advice to the fullest but i do appreciate it .

hey ,what does rounding out the toe of the rudder do? i see quite a few people have done that by looking at their videos .

also my rudder was sharpened when i received it but still has that 90 degree edge on it .

kinda sloppy day out here today so i will probably take that strut off and widen the gap for more adjustment .
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

. I wouldn't file inside because you will create a passage for water to enter and grease to escape... Just bend the stuffing tube if you feel the need to add negative pitch angle...
    i meant file open the strut guide ,the slot it runs on going up and down .like this ,but not so extreme .could maybe even get enough without filing open .we will see.
    Strutmod.jpg

Hello,

some updates, Miss Veles did 78.5 mph today with the original motor/esc/ 6S and a 1616-17-45, there was more in it but our pond is short and the water level was so low that I damaged the prop hitting the bottom... I also tried a 1616-10-50 3 blades, which gave me 73mph, and a promising 1619-23-38 but the boat flew off during acceleration. a link will be posted for the video. I hope I will pass 80 atthe next attempt!

Vincent

What about the handling on the 1616-17-45?This one should be near the optimum on the veles.
    Yeah you`ll need definitely a larger pond...and maybe a new 1616.

Nice! BTW I added you both to the Fast List! Here is Brushman's video....Warning, you must turn your computer, tv or smart phone, upside down to watch...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcwUG4wjOjk&t=5s

TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

I`ve thrown them i my video editing prog in order to watch them,anyways nice progress on his veles.

The green boat hit 80mph again today still all stock with the good stuff from dasboata...

Veles 80mph 11-21-18 logs.jpg

The Green streak! Great job man! Dynamite makes some great electronics too. Those kind of speeds on stockers is saying something!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011