Thread: FE Newbie Question

Default FE Newbie Question

I have had some experience with 1/8 scale nitro in Washington state in years past, I now live in AZ where racing is not quite the same. I'm going to enter into the FE world and considering Sport 40 or 1/10 scale by ML Boatworks as I have built Mike's awesome boats in the past. I look to have some fun 1st and hopefully race again. Opinions?....Sport 40 or 1/10 scale.

Thanks, Kevin

If you mean FE hydros, go for a Q Sport Hydro. These will have the size of a Sport 40 but will potentially be much faster. Mine run in the upper 60s-low 70s in heat race trim. Unfortunately, few FE boaters run 1/10th or 1/8th Scale Hydros, so it becomes a run-by-yourself proposition in most areas. The Q Sport boats are still not that common but more so than 1/10th or 1/8th boats.

Where in AZ do you live? The Phoenix area has two clubs which run some FE boats, mostly 4S but some members want to expand. I hope to influence that in the next year or so.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Yes I was thinking of the Q Sport Hydro(ML Boatworks GSX series) or 1/10 scale FE not 1/8 scale....I'm in West Valley and aware of the Scottsdale guys and know they run in Tuscon also

We have two of the ML Q boats in my club, set up right they are awesome race boats.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Yes great hulls. Technically we have three, if you count the vanished Todd.
    These are very versatile, great even in rougher water, where the Phil Thomas will get more flighty.
    Seal it up good and don't rush the build - I've seen decking peel off...
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet