Thread: U don't always need a boat to turn a lap

Default U don't always need a boat to turn a lap

https://youtu.be/loFLqVtn9v4

This was amazing.

Thumbs up

This kind of travel does look amazing, and it certainly is new to many folks. But over 20 years ago when I lived in Alaska, friends would run their full-size snowmobiles across ice-free lakes and up/down rivers. As long as they maintained speed and near WOT they could run for miles, returning to solid ground whenever they liked. I never did this with my snowmachine and in truth very few snowmachiners ever did this. As you'd expect, sometimes the machine would sink, just like the R/C cars/trucks.

To see full-size cars/trucks do this, check out Jay Leno's new TV show "Jay Leno's Garage".

Last edited by Fluid; 06-24-2017 at 11:33 AM. Reason: typo
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

I love the 'No fishing while boats in water' sign!

Ive thought about doing this with my Vorza. Paddles check, waterproof electronics check, wheel speed check, cajones TBD. I just cant fathom the possibility of sinking it. Wonder what a catamaran with a paddle tire in the middle would do?.................

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    This kind of travel does look amazing, and it certainly is new to many folks. But over 20 years ago when I lived in Alaska, friends would run their full-size snowmobiles across ice-free lakes and up/down rivers. As long as they maintained speed and near WOT they could run for miles, returning to solid ground whenever they liked. I never did this with my snowmachine and in truth very few snowmachiners ever did this. As you'd expect, sometimes the machine would sink, just like the R/C cars/trucks.

To see full-size cars/trucks do this, check out Jay Leno's new TV show "Jay Leno's Garage".

We race ovals here five wide.
    Attached Images Attached Images