Thread: A little help with an idea

Default A little help with an idea

I am trying to finish up this boat so I can deliver it to it's new owner. I just am not coming up with any good ideas as how to keep the 2s batteries in place. I found a great place for them tucked away under the deck out of the way. Anyone got any good ideas? I am thinking about a foam (pool noodle ) wedge to keep them from bouncing up and down but I also need to hold them in place from moving side to side.

"Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

What about a small square of velcro

epoxy a velcro strap under them

ha we both posted almost the same time similar answer, easiest answer is usually the best

I've been going with the foam thing Jim, perhaps a piece under that deck area and then one that drops in between the rails. I assume there is a pack going on each side.
    Square foam comes as packing for a lot of items or I could send you a piece if you are not in a rush.

Shawn

Glue a piece of wood in front. Along the side velcro a piece of wood long the side of the pack. Then all you have to do to remove the pack is lift the wooden piece and slide the pack out.
    Last edited by jantagg; 06-27-2017 at 10:05 AM.

Velcro
    and pool noodles!!!

Velcro to the outer wall and side of the battery.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Jim,

That's a tough one. "Pure-Tech" sells velcro straps that can be glued in place. The battery would slip in, then pull the strap over to lock in place. Just a thought.