Thread: How to Indentify motor size ?

Default How to Indentify motor size ?

Guys, i have a new TP 4050 - 2300kv motor that seems to have less rpms than my 3674 - 2200 kv motor, both motors are on 4s lipo power and tested on bench not in water. i have 100% throttle set. so is there an easy way to find out what KV this TP motor has without a tacho rev counter ? thanks.

Not really. There are Kv checkers. But judging rpm by sound alone can be misleading. Things like out of balance rotors and bad bearings can make a motor "sound" faster. The larger TP motor will be more powerful anyway.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

thanks Fluid. gave the rigger [ jae 21] a test run today and it is going quite good , the motor is a TP 4050 - 2310 kv running on 4s 5000 / 65c - 180 turnigy esc and stock h7 prop. what i am getting with this new battery pack is the esc will shut down after a very quick run of say 15 secounds then after no throttle the esc will back to life. seems like its in either thermal shut down mode or low voltage mode but nothing is hot and battery power is near full. any tips what this could be ?

Don't use the bec in the esc to power the receiver, remove the red wire at the esc plug where it fits into the receiver and use a separate 6v battery pack to power the receiver. This has fixed a couple of similar problems we have has with these newer seaking 180 esc's.

Trev

Trev, do you think this could be the cause of my shut down issue ?

yes