Thread: JAE mini sprint ?

Default JAE mini sprint ?

Hi all got the mini sprint in the water tonight .Set up using Zippkits 3500 kv outrunner on 3s using x430 prop rigger gps ed at 44 mph ran nice and flat but i noticed driving down the straights the rigger wanted to pull to the right. I will check the turn fin with a straight edge to make sure the fin is paralell to the tub . The tub is centered in the middle of both sponsons and both sponsons are paralell to the tub sides with the rudder set straight . Should i dial in a bit of left trim on the rudder or may be shim the turn fin ? Regards Andris Golts.

How about checking thickness and depth of rudder (placed on the right-hand side) and turnfin (placed on right-hand side as well). Reducing thickness and depth and thereby reducing friction with the water on the right-hand side will certainly help.

Then there is rudder-placement (still assuming on the right-hand side of the prop) next to or a 'little behind' the prop. The latter is, IMHO, the better. Thus preventing from any wheel-effects taking place.

The photo in my 'Depron mini-hydro'-thread shows rudder placement next to and a little behind the prop. I corrected it after this photo was taken and placed the rudder 2mm more rear.