Quote Originally Posted by madmikepags View Post
Firstly I learned that I really can race 8 classes!
Constructive criticism here Mike. You know I luv ya.

Funny how you and I can look at the same outcome and come to different conclusions. Is getting there "on time" enough for you? I know you and just getting to the water is not enough. You under performed in those 8 classes by your own standards. You dabbled in a lot of classes but dominated none of them. I mean Q cat? Come on. That's your favorite class. Maybe ever. From one grizzled old turd to another......ya kinda can't run 8 classes. Well you can "run" them but you can't perform in that many. My opinion. Tommy was clearly in the zone. Think he would be if he increased his load of classes by 60%?

Tom, Ty, and I ran 15 classes out of our tent. So around 40 heats plus pitting and time capsule visits on day 1. That was too many. Tom and I finally dropped some for Sunday. Not because we couldn't keep up. The three of us can do more. We range about 13 classes at a club race, call 98% of the heats, and do a little bit of retrieval. At the CanAm we were making mistakes and weren't focused when we did get out there. Was kinda sucking up the fun. Dropping a few freed us up to pit for some gas and nitro heats which in truth was way more fun than I thought it would be. Struggling to resist the gas boats in truth. I also got to watch some heats which is also way under rated. Some of these guys can really drive. When I see someone absolutely kill'n it there's a certain thrill I get out of it.

NOT bagging on ya Mikey. Just consider slowing down a tic to enjoy the greatness that is an organized event. It's a race.....and competition! and wahoo!! Yeeha! GO!GO!GO! Yep, I get it but we're not professionals. Nobodies lives depend on it. Take a breath......unless the nitrolls are running. Then hold for a second..........................aaaaand breath.