Thread: Cheetah Boat For Sale

Default Cheetah Boat For Sale

$$$SOLD$$$ Raced this boat with a Neu Motor. I currently have a TP motor in there now with very little run time. The boat comes RTR with a conservative m445 prop on it. T180ESC. Test ran it this weekend and got 40mph in very rough chop to ensure it is running well. You can prop it up with this motor and get in the low 50's for sure. I ran it 2p with 3400mah 4s batteries all the way against the back. As you prop up you will need to shift them forward as it starts packing more air in the hull and lifts more.

The boat shows the usage, but no dings or cracks. Take note that I filed a bit off the nose and poured some epoxy inside to strengthen the tips. This was done to get it down to 34" to be legal to race. Also, note that the bottom of the hull has been sanded to flatten the ride surface. All done to get that little more out of it.

The boat comes with everything you see. ESC, Prop, Motor, hardware, Spektrum receiver. When I ship it I will take the rudder itself off and tape inside. Will be easy to put it back on and go run it.

$300 dollars shipped in the USA. I will post some more pics and the video of it running last Saturday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by electric; 06-19-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Interested, what TP motor is in it right now? Any photos of the bottom?

Here are the pictures of the underside. Also, here is a video from me running it last Saturday to make sure it was all working well. The motor is 2200kv I believe. I need to double check it to see the numbers around the cooling can if I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXRWBpo9kIE

I bought the same motor that Tony (ProperChopper) used when he built his first one, so let me see if I can find that thread to verify it.

It might have been this motor..
    from Tony's post "TP Power 4060 2040 KV motor is a great choice."

When I get home tonight let me take a closer look and see if I can give you a definitive answer without taking the cooling can off etc...

Think my phone deleted when trying to open photos. If they look good and it is that motor with version 2 esc I will take it

OK..The motor is definitely correct. I bought it and the boat here at OSE and I was able to go through my account orders on their website and find the order when I bought the motor. Copied this from the my order:

tp-4060
    TP Power Brushless 4060 Motor
    $119.99
    $119.99
    winds/rpm:
    *!**- 2040Kv 5D
    -
    *!**
    -
    FREE Water Jacket! Pick Size?:
    *!**- ham-TP4060 Jacket(40mmX70mm long)
    -
    *!**

Now, for the esc. How do you determine it is a version 2? I have several of these T180's in a drawer to pick from if this one is not version 2. Found a close up of the ESC for you on my PC. As I recall, the version 2's had separate cap bank?
    Last edited by electric; 06-19-2017 at 03:41 PM.

Hull appears to be the early version bottom which is fine just needs a bit of work. That looks to be a version 2 esc, you mentioned having others. The version 3 has added external caps and has been an issue. If you can go 280 send your paypal info and I will get you pd.
    Do you know the brand of rudder?

Don't hold me to it, but pretty certain it is speed master hardware as that is all I buy for my race boats usually. OK, on the $280. Will pm you my paypal address and box it up tomorrow.

Money sent. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by modvp55 View Post
    Money sent. Thank you
    Yeah, Alan, you really need another Cheetah. I'm never going to catch you with mine.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

Cheetah shipped yesterday. Have fun with it! It was a good racer for me.

Jim, Is that the *FREE* cooling jacket TP sent you? If so TP has upped their game, cuz the one they sent me was a totally useless piece of junk.

Received, boat as pictured and well packaged. Very smooth transaction and would not hesitate to deal with Electric again.

If you so happy, give the man feedback. He good dude.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

To be clear, Jesse is suggesting that the buyer post his experience in the Seller Feedback forum. But that forum is moribund. I think that post #13 is adequate, thanks Modvp55.

BTW I've raced against this particular Cheetah, it is a great buy!

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Thanks Alan! I am glad everything went well with shipping and you like the boat. As you can see I have some good local club members supporting me. LOL Thanks Guys..

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    To be clear, Jesse is suggesting that the buyer post his experience in the Seller Feedback forum. But that forum is moribund.
    or perhaps he was referring to the newer iTrader feature of the forum, where all of a user/seller's feedback can be viewed in a single location. FWIW, the buyer already left feedback for the seller there regarding this transaction.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)