Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another one from proboat?

Default Another one from proboat?

Just noticed this on Facebook, now I know why the geico was discontinued

http://www.proboatmodels.com/Product...rodId=PRB08029

Just saw it as well. Looks very nice!
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

yup, seen it too .Rafael was driving a sample boat

That thing is sick looking!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Does have a nice silhouette. Looks clean in the water.

Pretty cool looking!

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    That thing is sick looking!
    I agree, I have 4 green boats Lol but I really like the scheme on this one. Great job ProBoat. On a side note I noticed it has a flat bottom strut. Interesting

Running video is on the Pro Boat Facebook page.

I'm loving the flat bottom struts lately. I've been putting them on most everything. It makes the boat so much more responsive to strut adjustments. It acts like a trim tab and helps provide a good amount of transom lift.
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

Looks like I found a break away rudder replacement for my Impulse 31 V3.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

The strut rudder combo looks terrific. Really like the one piece strut bracket. Will make an excellent combo for the small transom footprint of a rigger. We just need the part numbers to be corrected since currently it is listed as the same as the the UL-19, which cannot be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    Running video is on the Pro Boat Facebook page..
    I saw that later in the afternoon yesterday, ride attitude looks completely different than a geico/bj. Looks great out there. 60 mph is awesome out of the box, is that prop untouched too?

This is a beautiful boat! Sure wish it was out before I got into the DF 34 Hydro... The sponsons on the ProBoat look much more correct and would have saved me a ton of work on the modifications I put on the DF Hydro. Oh well, next build....

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkid261 View Post
    I saw that later in the afternoon yesterday, ride attitude looks completely different than a geico/bj. Looks great out there. 60 mph is awesome out of the box, is that prop untouched too?
    I talked to Raphael yesterday, that is with an untouched prop
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I talked to Raphael yesterday, that is with an untouched prop
    I assumed so. Pretty good out of the box

The add says it's a stainless prop, so probably cut very close on the CNC, then just blade balanced working the spines of the blades. I'm so it's hand sharpened by someone... At that speed, if it weren't balanced and sharpened you'd think it would do some driveline damage.

I want one!

Quote Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
    The add says it's a stainless prop, so probably cut very close on the CNC, then just blade balanced working the spines of the blades. I'm so it's hand sharpened by someone... At that speed, if it weren't balanced and sharpened you'd think it would do some driveline damage.

I want one!

It's not made on a Cnc. They are cast stainless props and they aren't too bad as they come but they can definitely be improved. With my zelos it was 10mph faster than all other boats with stock props vs mine being sharpened and balanced.

Don't put too much emphasis on thinking that a slight imbalance will hurt anything. It would do some damage if the prop was spinning out of the water at all times, when you put the prop in the water everything changes. When I s/b my props I try to get them as balanced as I can but I won't waste lots of time trying to get them perfect. I don't have any driveline failures that I can recall. I've only snapped two flexes in my boating that I can recall. One was a stock impulse shaft on 6s which were known to have issues and the other was my first attempt at making my own flexes, I used the wrong solder on that attempt.

To be clear, a small imbalance has not mattered in my experience. A large imbalance would be worth correcting. The stock proboat props are not far off.

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Looks like I found a break away rudder replacement for my Impulse 31 V3.
    And my Blackjack lol

Cast prop... Man, that SS is tough stuff to rework! Yeah, my little mag balancer can only get it so close anyway. Funny story: I found an old JG 1-25 prop from my old nitro boat. This was from my early twenties... I had a 0.40CI engine in a 36" hydro, ran like a bat out of hell! But it kept eating universal joints, before flex shafts. I checked that prop on my balancer and one ear was so heavy on it. I could then feel the differences with my fingers... I ended up almost de-tounging that one ear before I got it even close to balance! Then I read on the internet that the Dumas props where notorious for coming out of the mold with a thick ear... I found that statement to be true, for sure

Prepped Pro Boat Zelos 36 "Cast" Stainless props... Not too bad using a Dremel and cutoff wheel to do the main thinking and material removal...

20160228_162914.jpg
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Don't put too much emphasis on thinking that a slight imbalance will hurt anything. It would do some damage if the prop was spinning out of the water at all times, when you put the prop in the water everything changes.

To be clear, a small imbalance has not mattered in my experience. A large imbalance would be worth correcting. The stock proboat props are not far off.
    Agreed. When running you would think with a surface running prop the load is always pushing up from the one blade. Id think matching size and shape of modded props is more crucial.

I wish they would stop worrying about new boats quite so much and focus on supplying parts to existing models
    May your batteries never fail you...

Mike

Agreed Mike.. They are losing sell opportunities. I have had to go to other shops on quite a few items needed for my hydro build. There's a lot of goose eggs fro quantity available on the parts site!

I have one boat barely working, another on the sideline until parts arrive.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikiek View Post
    I wish they would stop worrying about new boats quite so much and focus on supplying parts to existing models
    Totally agree with the above statement.

I have a river jet sitting on the shelf waiting for impeller should be here in aug and hull in September.maybe build some parts proboat!

Quote Originally Posted by bigcam406 View Post
    Totally agree with the above statement.
    Chevy doesn't make parts for the 2nd Gen Camaros any longer. Just sayin'.

On every level, the new Veles 29 is a superior boat to the existing MG29/BJ29 series of boats. Just the natural progression of development.

Didn't they stop making 2nd gen camaro's 35 yrs ago are we are not talking about 35 yr old boats.it seems the manufacturers put little effort in parts support and just focus on rtr's. And this applies to a lot of manufacturers lately not just pb

Quote Originally Posted by Livnonthedge View Post
    Didn't they stop making 2nd gen camaro's 35 yrs ago are we are not talking about 35 yr old boats.it seems the manufacturers put little effort in parts support and just focus on rtr's. And this applies to a lot of manufacturers lately not just pb
    In RC-Hobby years, it was just yesterday! :)

Honestly, it's all about "being profitable". Bean counters and business majors decide how much support to provide and for how long. NOS sitting on the shelf doesn't lend itself to staying in the black. Sorry, that's just how it is.

Guys, you just have to get good at adapting other parts/components to your builds as it is required. Think of what the car guys in Cuba have had to do, in many instances, make parts! There are parts out there that will fill the bill, but may not be drop in...

But the fun is "making" your boat work, right? Fabricating is the biggest thrill I get out of them. I like running them, but building the boat is king! They are always going to stress RTR's, but RTR's will never be as fast as a boat that someone has built for a specific goal. And you can't get bad-ass fast just running and supporting RTR's. I guess I just have a pet peeve about running stock boats...

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Chevy doesn't make parts for the 2nd Gen Camaros any longer. Just sayin'.

On every level, the new Veles 29 is a superior boat to the existing MG29/BJ29 series of boats. Just the natural progression of development.
    I'm needing parts for a Zelos 36. If ProBoat thinks that's too old to build parts for I'll be looking elsewhere for any new boats.

Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast