Thread: Dr Super Evil

Default Dr Super Evil

Hi Skippers, I'm interested in this boat (Dr super evil H and M). I was wondering if anyone out there has seen, built or can remember set ups for this machine. On the H and M site they recommend a 4080 but don't mention KV. I have seen a couple on youtube running 6S 2200 Kv and a M445....Seems pretty hot. I'm looking for a few laps type performance.(not Saw).All help is greatly appreciated.Thanks R.B.

I have one, which I have had running very well and it was one of the best Naviga Hydro 2s I have seen (although I tried adding a ski last month (which ruined it) and despite taking it back off and putting the strut back to where it was I have not yet got it back to running as well as it did before).
    I have run it with a Leopard 3674 1700, and now on a Lehner 1950/9, spinning an ABC 1514-17-45, on 6s <560g 4500mAh, killing a battery in 6 minute runs. All the ones I have seen have been on similar setups with 36mm x 60-74mm 1500-1900KV motors spinning props around 40mm on <560g 6s.

It comes as a set of glass mouldings, you don't have to build it, just some basic assembly and fitting it out with the gear.

It is made for Naviga endurance racing and it would be a very poor choice for SAWs as it has a lot of lift from both the tub and the sponsons. Even with the limited power we have in Naviga racing I have seen several with the sponsons modded to reduce lift.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Thanks NativePaul, I've located a few builds here and there. Your input is much appreciated.R.B.