Thread: crooked revolt 30

Default crooked revolt 30

.My revolt 30 will travel 20 or 30 feet and it will hook either left or right. have 2 other boats that does not have this problem. also interchanged parts from other boats but problem persists only on revolt.. .

Have you checked the set screw on the rudder pin. Sometimes it will back off just a little and let the rudder wonder back and forth under a load.

The same thing happened to me and it was indeed the rudder pin set screw came loose

The rudder pin has 3 set screws. 2 for rudder bracket. 1 for steering arm. They can strip out real easy.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by john k wong View Post
    .My revolt 30 will travel 20 or 30 feet and it will hook either left or right. have 2 other boats that does not have this problem. also interchanged parts from other boats but problem persists only on revolt.. .
    its been 12 months and same problem exist, help

I just found some teeth missing on my steering servo. You might check that. It would go straight and not turn and sometimes turn and not go straight again after I got out in the middle of the lake.

The plastic servo holder is not good, it will flex around when the rudder is under load, mine would hook as I was coming out of turns. I replaced with a metal holder with a longer base which really helped. Also the stock servo is worthless IMO.

If everything appears tight from servo, steering rod, rudder arm, rudder bracket, rudder, try raising your turn fins on the back of the boat (hull) to about 45 degrees. They may getting to much bite in the turns. If this helps adjust fins up or down. It may take a couple of runs to get the right setting. Good Luck and keep at it!

Don't forget to check your steering rate an throttle trim on your transmitter. To much of either one will greatly effect the boats handling.

Quote Originally Posted by john k wong View Post
    you need to reposition the prop shaft to align with the center of the keel
    what that means in simply is remount strut bracket 1/16in above keel and centered left to right on the transome.
    then paralell the prop shaft with the keel and with that setup you can fine tune center of gravity by simply moving battery forward or backwards to setup for saw or oval racing as well.
    that should cure what i call the duck walk
    Keith Geusic #677 NAMBA District 19 Seaducer Gas MONO, Aquacraft Revolt Fe30, 30in Max Cat scratch Built