Thread: updtated news on 40 size motor on zelos twin 36...attention...Darin Jordan

Default updtated news on 40 size motor on zelos twin 36...attention...Darin Jordan

I want to see if it's worth the effort or expense of upgrading the motor in the twin zelos from a 36 to 40 size motor. Could be the 4082 dynamite or other brands. Also, if change is made do you recommend upgrading the esc from 120 to 160 or 180amps?

Thanks,
    Don Bonomi

I upgraded the motors to the Voracity 36 motors. No other changes. Only issue I had was that the motor mounts would shift, and rotate on their screws in a tumble, causing the drivelines to obviously not line up. Kind of annoying. If you can support the fronts of the motors, you'd be good to do so.

Worth it? Well... only if you want to go faster with MUCH less strain on the motors and power system. :)

20160206_101733.jpg
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

There is the opportunity for someone to make a rear motor support that helps prevent the motors from shifting.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Could just use something like this if there is enough room

http://offshoreelectrics.com/proddet...prod=ose-83005

I put tp 4050 2050kv motors in mine. Jb welded the mounts in place. No issues yet. Goes 65mph on 4s.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was