Thread: Follow up question please with regards to my new charger....

Default Follow up question please with regards to my new charger....

In another post I mentioned that I recently purchased this charger, Ultra Power UP200AC DUO 2*200W 400W. I was wondering if any of you guys would know why the storage charge program only brings the Lipos up to 3.80 when conventional wisdom says to charge them to 3.85? Which is what is also mentioned in the users manual. The 2 3s batteries I storage charged cells averaged between 3.77 and 3.83, or so. The batteries are brand new Revolectrix 5000mah 70c Graphene Silver Labels. Is it OK to leave them as is, or should I balance charge them all to 3.85 then quit? Thanks.

For the two chargers I have, one sets the storage charge to 3.80v per cell, and my "better" iCharger is set to 3.85v per cell. I know on my charger that goes to 3.80v I can not change that setting. If you can change the setting I would say do 3.85v.
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

It seems that I cannot change the "storage" pre-set parameters, but I have to play with it a little more.
    I could always run a few more volts through it in a balance charge then stop at 3.85.