Thread: Miss Geico 29 discontinued?

Default Miss Geico 29 discontinued?

Just noticed on Horizons website the Miss Geico 29 is discontinued. Anybody know what's up with this?

Hope not, Geico and Black jack are proboat icons. I did notice there offering $30 off on the Blackjack. Hopefully , there not trying to blow the remaining inventory out

The $30 off is their summer sale. I noticed the Geico 17 is still available just the 29 is discontinued.

Does that mean Blackjack will follow? I think they both have the same hull just different paint. Horizon was offering the $30 off last fall

I read somewhere they were getting rid of the licensing agreement with Geico to bring down cost.

I do recall Rafael mentioning they were terminating the Geico licensing to lower product cost. I'm sure the 17 inch Miss Geico will be next on the chopping block.

If they do offer that boat at a discount, it would be fun to pick one up and do a brushless conversion on it. E-flite has an awesome Six Series 28mm 2000kv motor that is a drop in replacement for a 380 sized brushed motor. They also have a 2700kv version as well but that would probably be more power than the little boat could handle.
    Current boats
    Aquacraft Cajun Commander, Aquacraft Mini Alligator Tours - brushless, ProBoat Blackjack 9, ProBoat Impulse 9, ProBoat Recoil 17, ProBoat Blackjack 24, ProBoat Shockwave 26 BL V3