Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 Lake of the Ozarks Mini Shootout

Were they recording the speed using timing lights or a radar gun?

Quote Originally Posted by jevmax View Post
    Were they recording the speed using timing lights or a radar gun?
    I thought he text me and said that they were running through the traps. So I'd guess lights but I could be wrong.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Cool

They use radar just like the full-scale LOTO boats. I know because I asked Ryan.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

When i get my drone shots posted, you'll see the entire course. At the opposite shore, there was a floating dock, covered in wire mesh. Crew sat there with two radar guns and would clock you for your entire approach. As you turned off, flew off, or crashed, they would call out the speed over the radio. If I kept it on the water, I typically made 3 passes and brought it back in. Batteries were usually still at 4.1V or so, but done in terms of top speed voltage. Certainly makes for faster recharge times.
    Last edited by fweasel; 08-23-2017 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    When i get my drone shots posted, you'll see the entire course. At the opposite shire, there was a floating dock, covered in wire mesh. Crew sat there with two radar guns and would clock you for your entire approach. As you turned off, flew off, or crashed, they would call out the speed over the radio. If I kept it on the water, I typically made 3 passes and brought it back in. Batteries were usually still at 4.1V, but done in terms of top speed.
    Thank you gentlemen. I may have to show up next year :)

Quote Originally Posted by jevmax View Post
    I may have to show up next year :)
    More the merrier!

Not a lot of worthy images from the drone. It was so damn hot out, I didn't fly it as much as I thought I would and when I did have some free time saturday afternoon, I realized I had left the controller in the sun all day and the battery was overheated and would not power on. Anyway...

DJI_0014.jpgDJI_0016.jpg
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Cool drone shots!
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

My friend caught a news clip on the TV last night and recorded it with his phone. Not the clearest of videos, but you can see him launch my Zelos, folowed by a high speed flip and crash in slow-mo with a reverse replay. Nice work Mr. director.

Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks Ryan for the awesome write up on our event. I get so bogged down with work, I never seem to get the time. So a big high Five to you for posting. Saturday we had over 50 spectator boats anchored along our course, over 400 spectators watching, and walking in the pits. With 65 rc boats racing. I am glad you enjoyed the event and I really enjoyed meeting and chatting with you. Looking forward to seeing you next year.
    Lance
    Top Gun 2011, "current problem" 88MPH. Top Gun 2014 "Marine One" 99 MPH. bet speed to date 125 MPH

Lance, we'll be there next year for sure, with more boats, and a bigger cooler.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Great Job on the write up.! It was great to meet you and your Zelos Arrial was fantastic! See ya next year I hope.

IMG_2353.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12