Thread: Turnigy Aquastar 200 Amp ESC

Default Turnigy Aquastar 200 Amp ESC

Does anyone have any experience with the Turnigy AquaStar 200Amp ESC? I'm looking for anyone who has used them before and what their thoughts or experience with them has been. Do you think they would push a 56mm size motor with no issues on 8-10S lipos, or would problems be expected?

Guess no one has any experience with these. =(

moved thread to ESC forum
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

I only know one person in the Durham Region Model Boaters club that had ran one he bought second hand. It worked for him but I don't know much more than that.

From the time it came out until a year or so later there was nothing but trash talk on it in the comments section at HobbyKing. It was as if they had to patch the software or something but who knows. Maybe try RCG Discussions electric race boat section?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Thanks for the info

Can someone help out here. Do you think the Turnigy Aquastar 200Amp will run a TP 5670 1050Kv 3Y motor on 10S. The stats for the motor say 6500 Watts continuous. Running on 37 volts or 10S should be about 175 amps. (Watts/Volts = Amps). I know it's not a lot of head room. I'm looking for thoughts or input.

If there are suggestions for an ESC that would run the motor mentioned better please feel free to let me know.

Check this out...pretty funny toward the end https://youtu.be/knzujNhyMNI

Watch from 7:33

I saw that when they first came out. Funny but now that I watch it years later I'm thinking he should have re-calibrated throttle after switching motor.

Hobby King did add a patch of sorts in the "FILES" tab for 4 pole motors. I wouldn't bother with it.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I wouldn't touch that set up with anything less than a SF 300 or flier 400 amp esc. I run a 5870 650 kv on 10s and my mono does 70+ mph. 1050kv is a saw set up and good luck running that on 10s.

Mark

Thanks for your great input.