Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: modified TFL Princess Yacht

Quote Originally Posted by Tamelesstgr View Post
    I think it has more to do with how tall it is, I'd say there is more drag on the tall bridge etc. Have you tried adding some positive strut to keep the front of the hull out of the water? It will make the hull more unstable though.
    Going to play with strut next time out now that the boat is fixed. Funny probably is the height of the bridge because the first run on the boat was on a windy day and the thing was getting pushed across the lake sideways pretty hard. I think you hit the nail on the head. Excellent Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Newboater View Post
    Zooma is running the SSS 3674 2075 with a 640 prop on 4s and hits 28 mph in the Princess yacht. I think the boat is just a cruising pig I am happy with it as I just wanted a middle of the road boat. Goal was 35-40mph which I think needs to be on 6s with my set-up.
    I just looked at the boat, and my last run was with an Octura M445. I don't think I had the GPS in it then. I have a few larger props to try, and a couple of higher KV 36mm motors.

BTW - I think simulators are always optimistic. For example, I have a 6 cell Q-class race boat that finally got up to 55 MPH, but the simulator says that it should be going 60. Also, you just can't compare a smaller racing hull to a larger cruising hull (even though the Princess looks like a racer with a cabin.)
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

See what the speed is with the M445. That prop with the 2075kv mighy not be faster, larger size, but less pitch. I think the boats overall size might just need more volts to perform decently. I am turning 36630 with the 645 and at 40.6 mph. Try a 5s battery with the M445 that will yield more rpm then what I am at and should put you right around 40mph plus or minus.
    Last edited by Newboater; 05-23-2017 at 10:06 PM.

I am also a princess owner,put it on the shelf last spring because it was so hard to remove prop shaft for greasing.after reading the comments from zooma&newboater I am going to start modifying it. I live on long island & run at Eisenhower park sunday mornings. We usually have 5-10 boaters.the pond is big enough to run 70+mph but have to be carefull of the concrete sides.I am amember of the castaways in the villages,but only get there on vacation. To watch videos from Eisenhower park go to utube &Robert ferrara videos to zooma, don't know you by user name,ken,(rescue boat) has been my mentor,i was there in November &april.

Not so sure Eisenhower pond is the right place to go for 70mph. Come out to artist lake and have a go

Quote Originally Posted by samek View Post
    I am also a princess owner,put it on the shelf last spring because it was so hard to remove prop shaft for greasing.after reading the comments from zooma&newboater I am going to start modifying it. I live on long island & run at Eisenhower park sunday mornings. We usually have 5-10 boaters.the pond is big enough to run 70+mph but have to be carefull of the concrete sides.I am amember of the castaways in the villages,but only get there on vacation. To watch videos from Eisenhower park go to utube &Robert ferrara videos to zooma, don't know you by user name,ken,(rescue boat) has been my mentor,i was there in November &april.
    Come on down to Artist lake I will be there Sunday 5/28. I can also help you on how to Modify the Princess if you need any help. One piece flex cables are much easier though I can't do anything on the limited space they provide for getting to the collet. Other then that it can be a pretty fun boat.

Quote Originally Posted by samek View Post
    Hey, Doug, it's Ron from the Castaways. I wish I knew you had a Princess. I took it out yesterday. Still just gets just 28 MPH on a M445 prop and 4 cells. I wanted to try a 447 later on, but my ESC would not arm. Do you know how to remove the stinger and replace the flex shaft with a one-piece version?
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

Default princess

Ron,just took boat out of storage,plan on meeting with newboater at his pond,as soon as I figure things out I will contact you. Nice to hear fromyou.

Newboater, I am planning to go to artist lake sunday,may 28,iwill try to be there at 9am.there is a chance I will have to go to work, in which case I will let you know as soon as possible.thanks for the invite look forward to meeting you.

doug(samek)

sounds good

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12