Thread: WARNING of buying from BATTERIES AMERICA in MIDDLE TOWN WISCONSON !

Angry WARNING of buying from BATTERIES AMERICA in MIDDLE TOWN WISCONSON !

HI all ordered 2- Futaba tx battery packs from Donna at BATTERIES AMERICA couple weeks before the Toledo show to be picked up at the show was given a price of $46 U.S . Went to pick them up at the show they had packed the wrong batteries i thought no bid deal Russ said he would take care of the situation . Here is how the transaction was taken care off i was charged a extra $15.90 for the 2 batteries and an extra $16.95 for mailing charges for the 2 batteries that where supposed to be waiting for me at the show for a total of $78.85 . After waiting for a month they showed up today. I called and spoke to Donna and she refused to refund any of the extra charges. Has anyone had a similar experience with dealing with this company ? Regards Andris Golts.

Hi
    Wow, what ever happened to admitting hey I made a mistake and I will do what I can to satisfy a customer? Seems like the local shops a complaining about over seas taking their business BUT attitude like that of Batteries America make me want to look more overseas for suppliers. At least there we have prices fixed and if late can file complaints through ebay.
    George

Interesting..... I've been buying from Batteries America for over 15 years without a single issue. So one question- if Russ said he would take care of it why aren't you talking to him??
    Futaba Team Driver
    - IMPBA Hydro Technical Director -

I suppose you cant do any more than ring them about a refund for their mistake, only to be told you wont get a refund.

Used them for years also never a glitch.
    Do It Like You Mean It .....or Don't Bother

If you paid with a credit card or debt call the number on the back. Chargebacks and reversals are no joke to companies, the former can lead to big problems if there are enough problems. The customer should never have to pay for a problem created by the seller.

Hi all thanks for every one's input to answer Don's ? I called to speak to Russ 4 times first time i spoke to Russ 1 week after the show he was away from his desk and did not have the paper work in front of him and forgot the details of our transaction at the show and did not phone me back ! The following series of phone calls Russ was not there and did not phone back thats how i ended up dealing with Donna who originally took my order a couple of weeks before the show! I paid Russ cash at the show as here in Canada we get dinged 40 cents on each U.S dollar using a credit card. I have bought from Batteries america for 27 YEARS AND PUT SEVERAL THOUSAND U.S DOLLARS IN THERE TILL AND NEVER AN ISSUE TILL NOW. Could anyone suggest where else i can buy assorted batteries from ? Regards Andris Golts

If you are just talking AA packs for transmitters / receivers, make your own...not hard to do. Lots of rechargeable AA's on the market available everywhere. A few short pieces of wire to connect them in series, some hot glue to hold them together and some heat shrink over the entire pack and done.

Honestly if I had paid cash initially, I'd have paid the extra 40% for their extra charges then had a word to my CCC about it. They'd likely side with you and complete the reversal for the extra paid. It just sucks the CAD is weaker, credit offers a mountain of protection [in the USA].

I'm fairly close to this company and make sure nobody I know locally will get a headache from them. It sounds like they knew they had you over a barrel and took advantage of it.

Hi Doby easier said then done soldering your own tx packs for the FG series end up 3/32'' to long and you have to cut a hole in the side of the tx case 4 of our club members have tried including myself i also purchased Sanyo sub c 2400 SCR nicd's and 1/2 AA nicads for my micro boats from them . So please anyone have dofferent suppliers let me know! Regards Andris Golts.

Bulk or pre-cut battery tabs make slim packs very easy, I've done it with 18650's. You just put the cells touching side by side, solder the flat tab to both ends, then bend them in-line. Kapton tape is cheap and more than enough for the entire wrap if you can't find shrink tube that size. You can order a lot via china/ebay/etc and likely get it into CA about as fast as from the US.

Another option to consider is Lipo packs. They're far more energy dense and it looks like people have used them in the FG series.

A 1450Mah Lipo will fit in there with ease and a pair will cost about as much as one Nimh pack.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...poly-pack.html Back ordered :p

Steve sells some 3S packs too at OSE.

I've used a 3S lipo for my Tx for the last 5 or 6 years and it still going fine. Bought it on Ebay for $20. I had to take the batt. tray out but it was easy. Mine is 2500mah so it's bigger than the 1450.
    Nortavlag Bulc