Thread: Best deal on batteries?

Default Best deal on batteries?

Who has the best deal on batteries right now ? I'm needing four 5s 5000mah packs and want to save as much as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by melonballer View Post
    Who has the best deal on batteries right now ? I'm needing four 5s 5000mah packs and want to save as much as I can.
    Be very carful buying cheap batteries for use in boats.

60 or 70C minimum would be best for longevity.

Giant Power - Graphene 2.0 are proving out to be the best race packs right now. And they do stand up to the abuse of high amp draw.

https://www.mojoracingproducts.com/

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Worth asking what the "best" deal means to him.

For my dollar, I buy the best battery I can afford. They tend hold up better. Not always. There are anomalies with every brand but for the most part the better batteries make for a better investment.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Worth asking what the "best" deal means to him.

For my dollar, I buy the best battery I can afford. They tend hold up better. Not always. There are anomalies with every brand but for the most part the better batteries make for a better investment.
    I agree with Travis. It's really what your wallet can afford. It also depends if you're racing or just sport running. If you're racing then you might listen to what most racers use as they push their batteries to the limit. . .some bats can handle it well and others don't. Most racers usually share the same brands. The question should be "I have this amount of $$$ that I'd like to spend on some batteries, what's the best battery can I get for that much?" To let you know the best battery is not necessarily the most expensive. Long ago I got suckered to getting Max Amps as they were considered the best batteries at that time but they were also the most expensive and they were just as good as the cheaper batteries that I had. This I can say though, if I were you invest on graphene batteries as I have several brands of Graphene batteries and all have held up well and still low IRs after 100 or more cycles. Also the graphenes cost just a little higher than non graphene but graphene batteries are IMO are the "best deal" and the way to go.

I've had good luck with Giantpower, Dynogy, even the Turnigy graphene are decent but for some reason those are huge by comparison. Hyperian are pretty solid but yikes the price. Revo are pretty solid too. Never had issues with those but I also never really heated any of those up. I haven't run Thunderpwer in years. Had issues but there was span there where every company was having issues. The tech has gotten better since then.

I'm a Giantpower driver. I'm not a slappy but I am definitely bias. Guilty. The GP brand did land quite a few national championships last month so it's not just me trying to sell you crap. Plenty of bang for the buck.

I recently pulled over 3300mah out of my 3300mah GP packs. Forgot to charge between heats. They didn't puff and came right back up but who knows what the damage really is. Took 3330 mah to bring them back to voltage. Holy crap! We'll see how they hold up after such abuse. One of our setups is pulling 330 amps. The cells don't even break a sweat. To say that I'm hard on cells doesn't quite cover it.
    Noisy person

https://www.hyperion-world.com/
    could be rotating stock but their prices were too good to pass.
    G7 Si-G's.

Wow. Crazy numbers.

Another thing, beware of HV cells. They didn't hold up. I don't know if that tech has gotten better yet but the early versions were awful. They also are of no use for racing.
    Noisy person

G7 Si-G's.

Be carful Those are only 50C MAX - 30C continues

Giant Power batteries are 70C continues and 140C burst.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

I'll give shout to Giant Power too... those are my favorite and last the longest.

I've had decent success with Roaring Top Batteries. Good 'bang for the buck'.

https://www.roaringtopusa.com/

Noahoscar986 Guest

I suggest you buy Zinc chloride and zinc carbon, these batteries are durable and long-term batteries. I personally use Zinc-carbon battery I bought it from ReeCoupons before 2 years ago and it still working well. If you stll wanna buy go there I hope you will find many good deals there.

For the money, I like Zippy compacts from Hobbyking.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

I'm about to try some 3s Premium Spec SMC/90c Lipos in my new Sonicwake.
    A lot of racing car guys seem to like them and they are reasonably priced.
    https://www.smc-racing.net/