Thread: Venom rc boat with brushless motor park puddle

Default Venom rc boat with brushless motor park puddle

Love my park after rain makes some fun puddles with trees and lots of water.

Upgraded my cheap venom boat with 2300kv drone motor, 10amp esc from a broken drone and 3s 1050mah battery got good 30 min run out of it.
    Last edited by silencespr; 05-06-2017 at 02:11 PM.

Does it still self right? I've got a Venom that my kids have outgrown and Dad always needs a new project! Can you post a picture of the inside with the new parts installed?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

This run it did not because I placed 3s in the front of the boat, this was my 1st run I just placed the battery above the motor inside the cabin and it fits perfectly. Will go in a few again and test if it will self right. Boat is 60 grams lighter than stock and way way faster. I have two one has a brushed motor upgrade faster than stock buy a few miles I'll run them against each other to see how much faster this one is. I like this boat more than any boat I own because how cheap, reliable, strong and agile it is. I was surprised that after 30 minute run motor and esc got berally warm with out any water cooling.
    Because I didn't want to waste any money upgrading this I used spare parts from a drone the 2300kv motor fits perfectly in to original motor mount if it gets pushed back a little, entire nose is empty space now perfect for a flotation foam.

Pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by silencespr; 05-06-2017 at 02:18 PM.

i will put a timer and time exact time this battery lasts me.

i can't get it to self right wonder what i need to do... it does swim upside down from the prop pushing against the wind haha.

Ok I was able to make it self righting again by pacing battery closer to the hull wall offsetting the balance. It's a bit nose heavy but under full throttle it stays well above water.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Because the battery is up front the boat get off the line slow and fills up with water even if I have tape all around, need to find better solution to water proof it maybe the hatch tighter. When water fills up the boat no longer uprights.
    Here is a video of a little race at the puddle brushed boat has upgraded brushed motor and is faster than stock.

IMG_6740.jpgIMG_6739.jpgIMG_6738.jpgIMG_6737.jpg
    Found some smaller sized lipos will see how well it does on them much more room now whole front is empty.

I was able to fit everything back in original places think self righting should work perfectly now.

IMG_6762.jpg

Put in 1800KV motor but bigger size and boat now flips over with out any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by silencespr View Post
    Put in 1800KV motor but bigger size and boat now flips over with out any issues.
    model number?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    model number?
    Armattan 2822/12 1800kv

Taking out these boats against my stock atomik barb wire lets see what happens in straight line.

ran it against my stock barb wire and off the line it puts good 20 feet on barb, because barb takes a while to get out of the water, full out throttle its about 5mph slower but its is extremely stable.

model number?
    Armattan 2822/12 1800kv is not doing well in the boat, its very slow and loud and vibration is crazy, ill take my chances with not fliping the boat over, switching back to Emax 2390289
    Last edited by silencespr; 05-16-2017 at 06:04 PM.

model number?
    any updates from you ?

Quote Originally Posted by silencespr View Post
    any updates from you ?
    No, I don't have any of those parts lying around as spares. I need to ether order them or wait until some pop up in the classifieds. Too many other projects on my workbench at the moment
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

No, I don't have any of those parts lying around as spares. I need to ether order them or wait until some pop up in the classifieds. Too many other projects on my workbench at the moment
    ah ok i have a few laying around if you are interested.

I have one of these Venom model UDI001 boats. Does the Emax 2390289 motor fit in the stock motor mount?

yes

Quote Originally Posted by dek74 View Post
    I have one of these Venom model UDI001 boats. Does the Emax 2390289 motor fit in the stock motor mount?
    I tried installing this exact motor and it does fit but you have to install the motor mount backwards (rotate it 180 degrees). A little grinding will be necessary as well because the Emax motor has a 28mm diameter as apposed to the stock 370's 25mm diameter. The problem is the motor has a giant diameter threaded shaft that's designed for a model airplane propeller and prop nut. A custom coupler is required to be able to connect the Emax motor to the stock prop shaft. It appears silencepr opted not to use a coupler and somehow JB welded the motor shaft to the prop shaft. I'm sorry but it looks kind of hack. It obviously seams to work, however, so I commend his efforts. I have severe OCD so I couldn't live with marrying the motor shaft to the prop shaft with glue. I think silencepr is on the right track with using an drone motor in this boat, but one with a more conventional (RC car and boat friendly) motor shaft is better choice. I continue to use the stock motor, which is perfect for running the boat in swimming pools. Replacing the ESC with one that can handle 3S and using a small 3S battery pack is a better speed option than going brushless in my opinion.