Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ***NEW*** Pro Boat UL-19 30" Sport Hydro

Thanks for posting! Nice to see them side by side.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post
    The Pro Boat prop has slightly less pitch than the ABC 1716.

Attachment 153342Attachment 153343Attachment 153344Attachment 153345
    Most likely because it's more similar to a 1715...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Most likely because it's more similar to a 1715...
    Thanks for clearing that up Darin. I saw a post on FB and Rafael stated it was similar to the 1716. The 1716 works great on my Geico set up with the 3831 motor. I'm going to run the stock s&b prop soon to see how well it does prepped and compare the results. Thanks again to everyone involved with Pro Boat for continuing to bringing us good RTR products.
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

Also, keep in mind... I'm NEVER going to attempt to recommend a prop that'll give you the "best speed". Maybe I can make it work, but maybe you can't. It's not as simple as just bolting a pinion gear into an RC Car. If I suggest a prop, and you end up burning up a power system, then I'm the bad guy, because you did everything "just right" and it was my prop recommendation that was the problem.

So, the props I would recommend are for "normal" sporty running. If you want to race GPS readouts, you'll have to build up your prop inventory from there.

Sorry, just being prudent, based on past experience.
    so true me either !!! I quickly put marks stock SS prop on my pitch gauge came up with 2.50 of pitch

Quote Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
    Seems like some marketing bozo threw "6s compatible" in there... the stock motor clearly is not the right speed for 6s. Man, I run a 1250kv in my 8s setup... BTW, it's not the size of the motor that makes it cell compliant, it's the kv. The size comes into play when you run larger props. It kinda looks like to me the stock motor should be a 4072 or equivalent. 36 seems a bit wimpy...
    The manual was updated because the boat is intended to be run on 4s, being that it fits the P-LTD class, but the electronics are 6s capable. The issue is that people never think of propping down and then complain that there is a heat issue or blow up the electronics. The recommended packs are 2, 4s packs, it's on the box and in the manual. The optional packs are 6s as is a smaller prop, also in the manual, in the parts list. I rewrote the manual so that it was 100% clear on what to expect and to prevent people from over heating or blowing up their electronics by running the stock prop on 6s.
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

Thanks Rafael, that's good info. Still think the motor is a bit small, but understand that brings other factors into consideration. It's my understanding the boat is quick stock, so that's where folks should start...

Darin has proven the boat will swing an 1815 or 1816 (cant remember) on 4s and get 53 mph. It may even swing an 1819 and get closer closer to 55+. To me, that's where a P-LTD boat should be speed wise, to be competitive. Why didn't we include a prop closer to 18XX instead of one close to the 17 series? Because people would have thrown 6s at it and definitely burned stuff up. When you're in our shoes, you learn that you have to put competitive products on the market but also do your best to protect people from themselves; unfortunately.
    Rafael Lopez

My 1st hydro. Running stock on 4s and got 46 mph. Now to figure how to balance and tune it for a little more speed

Let us know what you find out! I'm curious....

46 is great! I was seeing 44-46 depending on water conditions when testing with a raw prop.
    Rafael Lopez

The video on that boat is just bloody awesome! Proboat did a great job! I'm not sure how you and Darrin are connected to them, but if you're part of the product development, I say job very well done. It's a boat to be proud of, for sure!

I got to tell you, I got a couple of the vertical stabilizers from the UL-19 to put on my DFVortex 34. Here's a pic..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    46 is great! I was seeing 44-46 depending on water conditions when testing with a raw prop.
    Very Impressed so far (except for a prop shaft flex cable separation) . To this point my BJ-29 V3 has been my favorite of my 7 boats but this one may just pass it. Great job Quality build really a nice package.

Can someone tell me where or how to determine the correct balance point on the UL-19 Thanks Again !

Quote Originally Posted by dtacmed View Post
    Can someone tell me where or how to determine the correct balance point on the UL-19 Thanks Again !
    Well, you're limited somewhat on this boat do to the restrictive movement in the battery trays. Only so much wiggle room.

I'd say basically push the batteries ALL the way forward in the trays and run it. Ideally, the "correct" balance point should be about 1" aft of the sponson ride-surfaces, but I'm not sure that's achievable with the stock battery trays, and it'll likely be a little further aft.

Generally speaking... if the boat is flying off the water (speed dependent, obviously), then your balance point is too far aft, assuming correct strut position. IF it's running very wet (lots of weight on the nose) and not coming anywhere near getting loose, then move the batteries back to loosen up the front end (get more air under it).
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Well, you're limited somewhat on this boat do to the restrictive movement in the battery trays. Only so much wiggle room.

I'd say basically push the batteries ALL the way forward in the trays and run it. Ideally, the "correct" balance point should be about 1" aft of the sponson ride-surfaces, but I'm not sure that's achievable with the stock battery trays, and it'll likely be a little further aft.

Generally speaking... if the boat is flying off the water (speed dependent, obviously), then your balance point is too far aft, assuming correct strut position. IF it's running very wet (lots of weight on the nose) and not coming anywhere near getting loose, then move the batteries back to loosen up the front end (get more air under it).
    This is good, basic advice for all hydros. Weight and strut are critical adjustments. Take time, do one change at a time. When working on strut, move in very small increments. This is the most sensitive adjustment. Make sure the bottom is f your turn fin is parallel with the bottom of the boat. Then rotating it CW should hold the right sponson down more. CCW should make it raise. You gotta be patient and change each tuning point one at a time until you learn what your hull likes!

Thanks for the information. Definitely different from Vees and Cats.

I finally got run mine.
    I ran it 5-6 laps box stock.
    I brought it in then temped the esc and motor. Both around 138-140 on 4s. My battery's were very warm. I didn't temp them. They Gen Ace 5000mah 50c 2s.

So if I'm racing P limited hydro will I need higher C rating packs?
    Also I felt the turning was too wide even with the steering wheel cranked all the right in the corners. Do I need to adjust the turn fin to get it more responsive in the corners along with the maybe adjusting the rudder turning?

I finally had a chance to run the ul-19 on some older 30c 5300 packs and it ran great.i can't wait to try some real packs(65-135c),the boat was super stable and temps were good 😊 For out of the box this thing does everything well,my faith in proboat is back on plane
    Nice job pb

Quote Originally Posted by eric113 View Post
    I finally got run mine.
    I ran it 5-6 laps box stock.
    I brought it in then temped the esc and motor. Both around 138-140 on 4s. My battery's were very warm. I didn't temp them. They Gen Ace 5000mah 50c 2s.

So if I'm racing P limited hydro will I need higher C rating packs?
    Also I felt the turning was too wide even with the steering wheel cranked all the right in the corners. Do I need to adjust the turn fin to get it more responsive in the corners along with the maybe adjusting the rudder turning?
    If you need some Better batteries, look here;
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...756#post700756

More info and pictures at the top of the thread;
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...eries-For-Sale

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

just wanted to give a quick update as my previous posts probably looked like I was hating on proboat. when in fact that is not the case. in the last 4 months I have spent over 1200.00 dollars with proboat/horizon hobby. and possibly more with the veles out now. as far as my disappointment in the ul-19 when I first posted and the manual thing, my ul-19 has turned into the boat I wanted now. my new zelos 36 had the recommended prop down listed for 6s run. being as it was not runnable when I got it I figured I might as well steal the prop off it on put on my ul-19 and run on 6s.....and wow. this is what I wanted when I bought it. it absolutely flew down the lake. and best part was the run time and speed I was more than happy with. I'm sure I sounded like a giggling school boy as it made quick work of the space I was running. and.....ran all the way to low volt cut off. I wasn't going to take it with me to my reunion to red fish lake this weekend but now I must !! hopefully I can get my new zelos figured out b4 the weekend and it can come to I'm dying to get it wet. thanks again everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by limitedr1 View Post
    ran all the way to low volt cut off.
    Good to hear you're back running in the fun column again. Do yourself a favor and don't run your packs down past 3.8-3.75V which happens well before the LVC cutoff kicks in. Your batteries will thank you for it.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I agree, keep atleast 20% left in the packs.
    Me personally I try having 25-35% left after a run.
    Battery life is much better.
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

thanks for the advise! I usually try to stop b4 lvc but I was just to tickled about what it was doing I lost track of the time I had been out lol. seems like I read somewhere about being able to change that setting in the esc or am I mistaken? Ill do some digging around and see if I can find something. I think I can get more out of her still as I just threw the batteries in the middle of the trays and still had my strut picked up a bit. my turn fin is straight vertical and I can tell its dragging the right side down quite a bit at the speed its going. I started out by just seeing if it would run the whole time without shutting down and just got side tracked goofing off. I was just gonna sell it or give to my son but now I'm thinking I'm keeping it
    Last edited by limitedr1; 09-29-2017 at 03:55 PM.

IF it's running very wet (lots of weight on the nose) and not coming anywhere near getting loose, then move the batteries back to loosen up the front end (get more air under it).
    I have my packs all the way to back and still running very wet.

Do I need to tilt the turn fin? What about the strut? I ran a 1816 prop with strut in stock position do I need to drop it down 3/16"?

Quote Originally Posted by limitedr1 View Post
    thanks for the advise! I usually try to stop b4 lvc but I was just to tickled about what it was doing I lost track of the time I had been out lol. seems like I read somewhere about being able to change that setting in the esc or am I mistaken? Ill do some digging around and see if I can find something. I think I can get more out of her still as I just threw the batteries in the middle of the trays and still had my strut picked up a bit. my turn fin is straight vertical and I can tell its dragging the right side down quite a bit at the speed its going. I started out by just seeing if it would run the whole time without shutting down and just got side tracked goofing off. I was just gonna sell it or give to my son but now I'm thinking I'm keeping it
    I am new to boats, so someone else may need to correct me.
    I set my ESC for ~3.2-3.4 volts. Then I put additional voltage testers on each battery. I set them to 'scream' at ~3.6 volts.

Here is the 'screamer' i use....others exist....

https://www.horizonhobby.com/lipo-vo...alarm-dynf0002

That way I hear when the battery is getting low but the ESC never stops the boat.

The 'Pros' need to suggest the correct threshold, but when it starts screaming constantly at 3.6. after they sit idle, they creep back to 3.75 and stay there.
    Last edited by H00t; 10-21-2017 at 12:20 AM. Reason: not endorsing this product

For those that need an updated flex shaft, please call Product Support.

Monday-Friday: 8 A.M. – 7 P.M. CST
    Saturday 8 A.M. – 5 P.M. CST
    Sunday: Closed

Surface Vehicle Questions? Call 888-959-2306
    Rafael Lopez

what cell batteries have people been using i am thinking of running 2 4s in par. 4500 to 5000 mah.

in series ?

Quote Originally Posted by nitrous8e View Post
    in series ?
    Yes - they are 2S packs, in series to give you 4S at the Motor.

I have a pair of them from Giant Power for sale seeing that I retired my Spec boat.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...00mAh-65C-130C

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast