Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ***NEW*** Pro Boat UL-19 30" Sport Hydro

Nicely done Rafael, Darin and Proboat! Congrates!

whats a good aftermarket prop for this boat?

It might be too early to tell, the boat ain't even hit customers yet.
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Darin posted this.
    https://youtu.be/8qLudWuHoCw
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

He's cheatin! ABC 1815-17-45(2) prop
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

NEVER SATISFIED RACING

Quote Originally Posted by Tamelesstgr View Post
    He ran the bigger prop because he used a 1800kv motor since the 2000kv motors were not ready yet.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKPULL View Post
    He ran the bigger prop because he used a 1800kv motor since the 2000kv motors were not ready yet.

Larry
    How do you "cheat" when developing a hull??
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Darin
    I sent you a PM

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    How do you "cheat" when developing a hull??
    Just messin around, would be sweet if it came with an ABC 17 degree rake prop.
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING

Just messin around, would be sweet if it came with an ABC 17 degree rake prop.
    Kenneth

It says in the information that it comes with a 1.7 (43.18mm) X 1.6 Pitch and if you look closely at the pictures it looks like a 17 degree rake prop.

So it would be very close to a ABC 1716 - 17-45/2 which is a 17 degree rake prop,

https://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/hor...y/PRB08028_a17

Larry

oooh, I did not notice that image, the parts listing showed what looked like a stock proboat prop.
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING

People need to stop upgrading the boat before they even have one. You may find that it's pretty well equipped out of the box.

Do a proper sharpening, perhaps a little thinning, and balance the stock prop. I think you'll be surprised. From there, getting more speed is relatively easy, especially with the selection of ABCs available.

People need to stop upgrading the boat before they even have one. You may find that it's pretty well equipped out of the box.

Do a proper sharpening, perhaps a little thinning, and balance the stock prop. I think you'll be surprised. From there, getting more speed is relatively easy, especially with the selection of ABCs available.
    that is why I asked. not all of us have access to people in their area who balance and sharpen props.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcam406 View Post
    that is why I asked. not all of us have access to people in their area who balance and sharpen props.
    You don't need access to anything other than YouTube to resolve that. Go do a search on "Balance RC Boat Prop". There are tons of videos there explaining the process.

If you want to buy prepped ABC Props, you're best bet in my opinion is Brian Buaas: brain@raptorrc.com

If I were starting out with something other than the stock prop, on 4S, I'd probably get myself an ABC 1716-17-45(2). Whether that's "ideal" or not remains to be seen. Boats need to get here first.

Also, keep in mind... I'm NEVER going to attempt to recommend a prop that'll give you the "best speed". Maybe I can make it work, but maybe you can't. It's not as simple as just bolting a pinion gear into an RC Car. If I suggest a prop, and you end up burning up a power system, then I'm the bad guy, because you did everything "just right" and it was my prop recommendation that was the problem.

So, the props I would recommend are for "normal" sporty running. If you want to race GPS readouts, you'll have to build up your prop inventory from there.

Sorry, just being prudent, based on past experience.

Also, keep in mind... I'm NEVER going to attempt to recommend a prop that'll give you the "best speed". Maybe I can make it work, but maybe you can't. It's not as simple as just bolting a pinion gear into an RC Car. If I suggest a prop, and you end up burning up a power system, then I'm the bad guy, because you did everything "just right" and it was my prop recommendation that was the problem.

So, the props I would recommend are for "normal" sporty running. If you want to race GPS readouts, you'll have to build up your prop inventory from there.

Sorry, just being prudent, based on past experience.
    Just wanted to know what aftermarket prop with similar specs as the factory one would suffice. I would rather just buy a sharpened and balanced prop than try and balance one myself.

Just wanted to know what aftermarket prop with similar specs as the factory one would suffice. I would rather just buy a sharpened and balanced prop than try and balance one myself.
    Brian Buaas @ Raptor RC : brain@raptorrc.com

That's your guy!

Nobody knows yet what all the factory specs are, all they know at this time is that it is 1.7" Dia and a 1.6 pitch.
    It does look like it has some Rake to it, could be 15, 16, 17, Degrees, or just a 10 degree prop with some Backcut.

We will have to wait until either the factory releases more on the specs or until someone gets a factory prop in hand, that knows how to measure it.

If you want one completely Balanced and Sharpened, Buy one and give it to the person that you want to do the work.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKPULL View Post
    Nobody knows yet what all the factory specs are, all they know at this time is that it is 1.7" Dia and a 1.6 pitch.
    It does look like it has some Rake to it, could be 15, 16, 17, Degrees, or just a 10 degree prop with some Backcut.
    If I were starting out with something other than the stock prop, on 4S, I'd probably get myself an ABC 1716-17-45(2).
    With the 2000KV motor, as I stated above, this is a solid place to start and I think you'll find that it performs VERY well.

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Purdy... Looks like a cross between BBY UL-1 /UL-125 and a Phil Thomas SS.
    I wasn't involved in it at all, Ray - and didn't even know about it until I saw the release! Rafael didn't know me or that I'd be interested. Now I have to rethink my pulling for getting Darin on the Spektrum Team ... :D :D

I'm planning on getting one (already working on it) myself. I was going to laser cut a scaled-up UL-125 to 30" this summer anyway - this just saved me some time.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

You can do it! http://psfastelectrics6.tripod.com/balancing_props.htm

Read the article - you don't have to go as extreme as I did.

Andy

Other than the rather generic UL styling, I don't see this hull being that similar to these others. Of course there are some standard racing hull geometry and features, like the sponson cutouts, etc., but otherwise what it is is a concept that Rafael and myself sat down and sketched out, based on the current crop of GP boats... my concerns was regarding the geometry and performance, and Rafael did all the styling, layout, graphics, and fought the good fight to get it into Production.

If it resembles the AQ UL-1 in any way, it's because that boat was designed after the same idea...

GP-12.jpg
    6955654_BG1.jpg

I agree with this 100% !
    cannot wait to get my hands on one...
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Anybody taken delivery on one of these yet? Waiting to hear some feedback

AquaCraft UL-1 59mph.
    Motley Crew 61mph.
    JAE 21FE ~~~ 70 MPH Club ~~~

Just got word this morning that mine will be here late July, along with the container shipment. My employee order list just got a little bit longer

Can't wait!

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
    Just got word this morning that mine will be here late July, along with the container shipment. My employee order list just got a little bit longer

Can't wait!

Andy
    Nice to hear from you Andy.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by REDLINE1 View Post
    Anybody taken delivery on one of these yet? Waiting to hear some feedback
    My buudy got one! There in stock in oakdale, CA right now.. I am mad at HH right now or I would buy one for sure. My buddy took it out of the package and tossed two traxxas 3s 500mahs, its fast with no anything! We learn really quick that you cant come on the throttle fast or it try's to sub, will run again with lighter packs this weekend. New to hydros but I think its semi common(the throttle)? Once on a plane its fast and rides on rails! no gps # but it was running fast. Great boat, will buy one soon as I find it used so my money doesn't go to HH. I didn't post up the video but I have a couple on my cell phone.

Why are you mad at us?

Andy

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast