Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: ***NEW*** Pro Boat UL-19 30" Sport Hydro

Quote Originally Posted by jerry123 View Post
    Boat runs great!! Where did u get the turn fin? Did u have to make a new bracket for it? What lipo's/brand are u using?

Take care. Jerry
    Thanks Jerry. I replied to your PM. Good luck with it.
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post
    Thanks Jerry. I replied to your PM. Good luck with it.
    I been meaning to tell you, if you aren’t planning on racing or doing oval time laps. You really don’t need a curve turn fin. Stock is fine for straight lining. I do heat racing and needed the curve turn fin.

This UL 19 is my first ever Hydro, forgive me if I sound a bit uneducated here. It’s because I am lol. This boat is designed only for RTO? (Right Turn Only) Correct? I really don’t want to damage anything when it’s only been in the water for 7 minutes lol. Thanks in advance guys.

Correct - Right Turn Only - at speed.
    You can turn Left at slower speeds.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Thank you Larry

Finally got some video of my "Race Prepped" UL-19 in action. Updates are pretty basic... Mojo Racing Sport 21 sized Turn-Fin, OSE Carbon Interior motor tray, OSE Flex Cable and Octura Coupler. Spektrum digital Hi-Torque Servo. Basic tuning.

THIS is how the UL-19 is intended to be used... :)

Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

What does a flashing red LED on the speed control mean? Cant find it in any manual. Thanks!

Thanks!

Darin, long time no see! Found a club in Spokane to race with. We have pretty much a class of all UL-19s. Would you mind telling us what prop you are running in the video above and if you are running 4S, 5S or 6S?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Default Help! Immediate LVC issue.

Trying to help a friend.
    His new completely stock UL19 is running into what appears to be LVC limp mode 30-45 seconds into his run.
    He is running 2, 2s 60c batteries, 4s. Nothing is hot and it rockets away at first then slows to a crawl which makes it hard to get back due to the submarine-ing when traveling so slow. He's tried other batteries.
    With good batteries, good connectors, and esc parameters verified what is your first thought that comes to mind?
    Is there any known out of the box issues with stock UL's resembling this he should be aware of?
    He is about to replace the esc and motor.
    I think there might be a better less extreme solution than that.
    What conditions cause this?
    Any help, guesses appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by NEDan View Post
    Trying to help a friend.
    His new completely stock UL19 is running into what appears to be LVC limp mode 30-45 seconds into his run.
    He is running 2, 2s 60c batteries, 4s. Nothing is hot and it rockets away at first then slows to a crawl which makes it hard to get back due to the submarine-ing when traveling so slow. He's tried other batteries.
    With good batteries, good connectors, and esc parameters verified what is your first thought that comes to mind?
    Is there any known out of the box issues with stock UL's resembling this he should be aware of?
    He is about to replace the esc and motor.
    I think there might be a better less extreme solution than that.
    What conditions cause this?
    Any help, guesses appreciated.
    Have him contact Horizon tech support. They should be able to assist with sending him replacement parts if deemed necessary. I just read about a similar situation with another new UL-19. They first replaced the ESC, but the issue continued. They then swapped the motor, and the issue was resolved.

The two of you can do some initial troubleshooting looking for conditions that might cause the ESC to shut down. Because you've said that you've eliminated settings and batteries, I would look at driveline alignment. Is the flex cable rubbing on the stuffing tube as it exits before the motor collet? Is there a 3mm gap between the drive dog and strut? Does the flex cable slip into the collet easily, indicating proper motor alignment?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Have him contact Horizon tech support. They should be able to assist with sending him replacement parts if deemed necessary. I just read about a similar situation with another new UL-19. They first replaced the ESC, but the issue continued. They then swapped the motor, and the issue was resolved.

The two of you can do some initial troubleshooting looking for conditions that might cause the ESC to shut down. Because you've said that you've eliminated settings and batteries, I would look at driveline alignment. Is the flex cable rubbing on the stuffing tube as it exits before the motor collet? Is there a 3mm gap between the drive dog and strut? Does the flex cable slip into the collet easily, indicating proper motor alignment?
    Seems that's the right route.

Default P-Sport Hydro info

I have an Almirola built P-Hydro and a Delta Force Pathfinder P-Limited Cat. I am looking for a Glass ARTR competitive P-Sport Hydro. Can you get a Proboat UL19 with correct motor and 4s parallel batts to be competitive in this class? or does anyone have suggestions. I do not like to build and would prefer a glass hull. Maybe someone has something real nice for sale. Live in Lakeland Fl. Thanks Chris.

I apologize for not understanding the process here to post a question but I just registered because I am brand new to the RC Boat owners and I have a question to post(not sure where to post).
    After several runs with my Traxxas Spartan this last attempt the reverse has stopped working, not sure how to fix this??

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567