Thread: Sweet boat

Default Sweet boat

I can see these aren't all that popular yet compared to the blackjack and SV but after watching a few video's they seem like they would be perfect for just a great sport boat. They seem to take waves pretty good and turn about as good as can be expected for a fast boat out of the box. Only drawback ,and a big one at that, seems to be the price. If it is a proboat product why such the cost when their counter part boats come in almost 100 dollars cheaper?

I went to buy the BJ but found the item sold just before i got to the shop.. Was not happy having to walk out the shop with the fastech under my arm... Until i got down to the nitty gritty and done a whole lot of ready on both boats. Seems the fastech requires far less modding than the BJ.

For the extra $ you are basically paying for the sturdy alu running gear (BJ is plastic or composite) and the attention to detail on the scale looks. IMO a much more stable are thought out hull ok ok i know it has a huge flat pad and the turn fins to stabilize but it does work well out of the box. I see people pushing 50mph with lipo upgrades and very little change to running gear or hull etc. Even down to the layout and setup on the internals of the hull its seems a much better setup than the BJ.

Im now convinced ive waled out the shop with the correct purchase and pretty much stoked. I 1stly bought a killer V for £60 and then stepped up to the fastech £175 (in the after christmas sales) and the performance and value for money factor REALLY shows.

Only gripe i have is the programing card NOT being supplied as part of the RTR kit. Ive had esc problems in the power keep cutting out under load on nimhs (of which i believe is how the esc is programmed stock) Lots of people having this issue and re-programming the ESC seems to fix the issue so its almost a necesity to have. (since then i have learned thanks to the forum you can actually get round this by holding full throttle whilst connecting up the batteries. Took me 3 attempts but did indeed fix the problem).

Only other thing i would have liked to have seen is a radio-less version. That 27mhz system isnt really worth putting in the kit if like most who shell out this much cash on a boat already have and own a decent radio system. I just dont see this boat at this kinda price appeal to the complete begginer. It certaimly wouldnt and wasnt my 1st choice for purchase.

I got the "hull only" version, and mine required a great deal of modding!
    I put a jet drive in it!
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

WEll im still impressed and been braving the cold and iced over ponds to use on the river medway... i finaly got to run my lipos and bought the ESC programming card. I had issues using the card and posted info here:-

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ead.php?t=6382

And then finally blew my ESC running 1 x 3s and 1 x 2s.... 18.5v which it SHOULD have handled... ive put it down to running it BEC

I now have a hobbywing 90a seaking 6s watercooled ESC that im just soldering up now and waiting for weekend to go test.

I think you will be impressed running 2 x decent nimh packs or 2 x 2s lipos for that little extra punch and an octura x642 balanced and sharpened. If you got the cash to upgrade/take a chance then try your luck 5s with the Battery pack for the TX (remove the middle wire on the esc to rx).... It REALLY moves in 5s mode... im yet to get it running 6s and to be honest wont bother until i get perfect conditions as it eats the pond up REAL quick on 5s lol..... And at top speed on 5s i wouldnt run on water thats too choppy as it WILL become real unstable.

EXCELLENT 1st attempt at brushless boating im happy with my purchase. Shame i buggered the ESC but i got a deal for £35 plus £12 postage on the new upgraded ESC and knowing it will handle 6s should i wont is a bonus.

what is the new upgraded ESC? what size prop did you burn your stock ESC?

octura x642 prop on 5s smoked the ESC

I now have a hobbywing seaking 90a ESC new on the market but run upto 6s and cost me £35 plus postage from HK about £15. Not had a chance to run it yet but getting there. I have a DX3S on its way too so going 2.4ghz with telementry

I am surprised it smoked on X642 and 5S... How long did you run it and what mah batteries? I ran over a minute on dad's on 6S internal BEC and a X445, maybe even an x645... Is everything free spinning?

not the batts i got 2 x 2s and 2x 3s rhino 4900mah packs all brand new... after problem i tried with 2 brand new packs and have the same issues. Just soldering up a Y harness to try new \esc to prove a point give me 15mins.... btw i was drag racing up and down the river for maybe upto 5 mins. atleast 6 x 200 m x2 runs... didnt get a chance to temp read as it cut out mid river and had to launch a major rescue taking 4.5hrs another RC caught up and a broken real boat... not good.

ballz 10 awg cable and my solder iron just isnt man enough???

Well i manged to get someone to help and solder the HUGE 10 gauge wires on to deans... Motor spins up fine with no load running 5s and BEC. Obviously NO load but all looks good to go. Hopefully get out and run it over the weekend.

i am looking for someone who has done real mods to the fastech. i got a hull and mounted up a stock rudder and 3/16" strup but am looking for motor recomendations to install. i have ammo 2300's in most of my boats this size but due to the more stabil handling of this hull i am looking for something around 26-2700kv. i have a set-up that came out of a rtr 32" delta force copy that is 120a esc and 2750kv, planing on starting out with a 638-440 prop and wondering if anyone has tried a similar set-up. i am willing to go with almost any motor like 8-10l and have esc's. i want to stick with 5000mah 2s2p. if anyone has tried different motors please make recomendations. dont worry, i am planning on laying a layer of glass to stregnthin the hull and know how to set-up the hardware. also????? has anyone tried a real surface style stinger strut?????
    thanks

Mr. Cheese,
    How about a jet drive?
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

well deigao, the only reason am building this boat is to smoke ira's... every time i come up with something of similar or smaller size that blows him away (offshore worior included, i run a low 8xl folki that is "not fair") he tells me it isn't fair to race against him. my 23" mogli smokes every other fe on the pond except our 32" 6 cells. so that being said i have to build a relitively stock fastech with minor stuff like better strut, turn fins and power train that way he doesnt give me crap about being a different boat, and he would with a jet.... also this is a cheap boat being build with parts i allready have on the shelf. i dont really like the fastech but got a hobb-e-mart damaged hull (nose only) with a burnt esc for about $150. i am going to stregnthen the hull to handle some pony's and build a saw style dragster.
    are you getting big speed with the jet? if so i am still open to the idea. what set up are you using? (motor/esc/drive)
    Attached Images Attached Images

The jet Fastech has not hit the pond as yet. Just a few more things to take care of first. Here's the thread that has a few pictures. If top speed is what you're after, a jet isn't going to be right for you. It'll be fun though!

yeah,you are right. after seeing the vid from your buddie i wont be going with the jet.. i am all about speed, not perstige. i want something that is fun to drive, not a novelty. i think the 2750kv 120amp esc and 440-442 is going to win the title....