Thread: Anyone else using a DX6R?

Default Anyone else using a DX6R?

Just picked up a Spektrum DX6R and wondering if anyone has figured out what the native size needs to be on the custom model images? All of the pictures I upload to the radio with the SD card end up resized with jagged edges. Would be nice if I can just crop them to the proper native pixel dimensions on my laptop, then transfer to the radio.

2017-04-29 12.55.51.jpg
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks to Andy Kunz, he was able to get my question answered directly by the engineering staff...

"The embedded images that we have built into the application are all 260x146 pixels.

When displayed in the model list, it uses a 146x146 view and does a center-crop of the image. For the image displayed on the main header of the app, it scales the image down slightly (108x64) and does another center-crop to display it.

So basically, I believe it they take a picture such that the model is in the center of the image, it should work. However, we would probably need to test that a bit and see how it behaves with various image sizes and orientations"
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I need to see this radio in person, I have like 14 TX's all ready, might be nice to use 1 for my boat(s) and truck etc.
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

If you're just looking to consolidate, the DX4S is a good inexpensive choice if you find one second hand. Aside from the gadgets, I like the expanded ergonomics on the DX6R; being able to adjust the height and attack angle of the steering wheel. I've owned and used all of the Spektrum surface pistol radios and this is by far my favorite.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Radio-$530, case-$55 = wow! I hope you're VERY happy with that radio!! Do you have other r/c's to use with it?

So far, I am, but who pays retail? Not this guy. I can't afford nice things and shop accordingly.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Wait a minute now...what kinda deal did we get now? If you want to share.

one man's trash is another's treasure.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Hi

I'm thinking about getting a DX6R. What receiver are you using?
    I read somewhere on this forum there might be an issue with the marine receivers?

Thanks

Brad

Save your money and buy the DX5R. I sold my 6R, the touch screen and android OS introduced too many issues and complications to what should be a simple interface. The 5R has all the same ergonomics (no left hand steering) and adjustment, but is more reliable in my experience.

Regardless, both are only compatible with DSMR series receivers. I use the SR6000T and SR4000T for telemetry and basic SR210, SR3100, SR410 elsewhere.

Thanks for the advice, its much appreciated.