Thread: Need help with fixing a build???

Default Need help with fixing a build???

I have a p mono pursuit... t-180 esc, castle 1515 2200kv motor, with spectrum receiver, and x442... running 2 2s in series waiting for 4s to come in to run in parallel..

but anyways...

After running full throttle for about 1/2 a lap the throttle just losses all power... I have to release the throttle completely to get the boat to get power back to the boat... and the motor and esc are extremely cool? I've only done a 1/2 lap...

What I've done to try to fix it is try two other escs (hobbywing 160 and even just a 120) and get the same results... I had an extra castle 1515 2200kv same as the old one but this is new in the box... and got the same exact cut off... I've changed out the receiver 3-4 times only one was new outta the box.. but same exact result... I went as far as changing the servo because I've already changed everything else... same result... this set up did work for 2-3 weekends the just stopped.. I don't know what to do after all of that?

Does anyone know where to look now? What to check?

Thanks for any advice given

Your batteries are the common factor in all of your troubleshooting. Were all of these tests run on the same 2S packs? How old are they? What are they? Have your tried different batteries?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Yes i have tried multiple battery packs from 30-100c and ran those same batteries in my other p-mono aeromarine (33") titan 40!

The only thing I can think of is go back and make sure I have good solder joints and connections however that wouldn't explain why I had working motor and esc prior to all this

What version of the 180 are you using? Turnigy, Seaking? There was a thread a few weeks ago about a common esc problem and a bad batch if i recall?
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

What setting is the LVC set at on your Esc?
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING

Try turning off the lvc and set the timing to 0*. I had a similar problem in my pursuit going form a v2 T-180 to an OSE Raider 150. Motor in mine is a TP 4050 2050kv, it would work with a 442 but put on a 445 and it would cut out after about a lap, and I had to let go the throttle and go again. It was only going into lvc mode though not cutting right out.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Thanks! I'll give that a try tonight! Think I turned the Lvc to the lowest setting that isn't off and the timing at 11*... I'll make those changes tonight and hopefully we will be back in action! Thanks!

I believe these very problems were discussed recently on the 180a v3 esc, they tried quite a number of new esc they had & all of then were the same re shutting down. They also tried switching the lvc off to no effect & all the other settings like different timing, I seem to remember that someone from Hobbywing came on & said there were possible software problems with some esc.

My t-180 is a turnigy... I know they're pretty much the same... would it have the same issue?

Here is the thread, pages 3 and 4 detail the recent issues:

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...SeaKings/page4
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING

Quote Originally Posted by Tamelesstgr View Post
    Here is the thread, pages 3 and 4 detail the recent issues:

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...SeaKings/page4
    Thanks for the link

I have the Turnigy 180 as well, but havent experienced any issues. I think i turned my LVC completely off though.
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING

Quote Originally Posted by Tamelesstgr View Post
    I have the Turnigy 180 as well, but havent experienced any issues. I think i turned my LVC completely off though.
    I'm going to try that out tonight when I get off... hopefully it works!