Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just joined the Zelos 36" club today

Hi my name is James and I just purchased a zelos 36. Had it out a few times very impressed with the performance. I want to get some baseline fastest mile per hour runs. Can anyone recommend a garmin gps that would log or hold the fastest run?

Thanks James

Most seem to using this unit. However, as far as I know, Garmin has discontinued them. I found mine on EBay.
    https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/230

Congrats on the new boat! Below are some gps devices that I have or have used in the past. They all three work great.The Dynamite and the Sky Rc one will log the telemetry in the internal memory and you can view it on your computer. The Garmin will only save the fastest speed in the memory. Get one and put it in your boat then head over to the Zelos Fast list thread on this forum and Keagan will put you in the mix.

Dynamite GPS
    https://www.amazon.com/Dynamite-DYN4.../dp/B00BIBZUGO

Sky Rc GPS
    https://www.amazon.com/SkyRC-SK-5000.../dp/B017UBT0X4

Here are a couple links to the older Garmin Forerunners that a lot of people use as well.(if you search well you will might find a bargain on these)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-GA...26.m2548.l4275
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/GARMIN-FORER...sAAOSw-29ZP2gm
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

Congrats and welcome, as stated above they all work great. I picked up a second hand Garmin Forerunner 201 and works perfectly, is water resistant and holds charge well. Have fun and be safe.

Best,
    Brian

Garmin Forerunner 201
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Brian, Just received my four runner 201 today and was wondering if you could give me a crash corse on just the basics. The instructions are unclear and I've never used one of these? Really how to get the unit to store or show me the mph on each run. Any light on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks james

I was able to get mine set up by playing around with it. It took a while. Maybe this will help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-bWX_Y_xbo

Garmin Edge 200

Make sure you put it in bicycle mode so it will show mph. Make a custom screen and add a section to record the fastest mph.
    Last edited by MADRCER; 06-25-2017 at 11:12 PM.
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

Quote Originally Posted by James klimowicz View Post
    Brian, Just received my four runner 201 today and was wondering if you could give me a crash corse on just the basics. The instructions are unclear and I've never used one of these? Really how to get the unit to store or show me the mph on each run. Any light on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks james
    Hi James,

sorry for my delayed response. I also checked out the You Tube Vids on this unit online for detailed instructions on how to setup for our type of use. Its quite easy once you set up the custom screens as noted above. Sorry I don't remember off the top of my head how to setup. Let us know if you figure it out and if not I can hop on mine to help out..

Best,
    Brian C.

I am trying to join the 36 club...Ugh! I have not had a very good experience yet. I purchased my Zelos a few weeks ago. The first one I was sent had 2 of the same direction flex shaft and the left drive was completely destroyed within 2 minutes. I was sent a new boat which was great!!! Well........I tightened everything down as I have read on the other forums is necessary. I took her out and she ran great on one set of batteries. I brought her back in and upon inspection the right motor was loose again. I could not get one of the screws to stop turning. I took the motor out and this is what I discovered. I can only think this could have happened during manufacture. The other screw was tight and there is no damage to the teflon. Thank goodness I discovered this now. If that motor came loose it would have been bad! I am very dissapointed. boat1.jpgboat2.jpgboat 3.jpgboat4.jpgboat5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jch1171 View Post
    I am trying to join the 36 club...Ugh! I have not had a very good experience yet. I purchased my Zelos a few weeks ago. The first one I was sent had 2 of the same direction flex shaft and the left drive was completely destroyed within 2 minutes. I was sent a new boat which was great!!! Well........I tightened everything down as I have read on the other forums is necessary. I took her out and she ran great on one set of batteries. I brought her back in and upon inspection the right motor was loose again. I could not get one of the screws to stop turning. I took the motor out and this is what I discovered. I can only think this could have happened during manufacture. The other screw was tight and there is no damage to the teflon. Thank goodness I discovered this now. If that motor came loose it would have been bad! I am very dissapointed. boat1.jpgboat2.jpgboat 3.jpgboat4.jpgboat5.jpg
    Sorry to see that, contact Horizon Hobby and see if they will get you sorted out. I know waiting sucks but give it a shot?
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Wow, that sucks... Sorry to hear about the trouble you have been having. Hopefully, Horizon will step up again. If not, I am wondering how you would go about repairing that? Not easy to cut the entire mount out. From what I have seen, Horizon doesn't list a replacement mount. If you could get it out, might not be too difficult to come up with a good repair. If you cant get it out, maybe its possible to epoxy in a new locknut in the same hole. Don't know if that would hold for long.

That white stuff they use to mount things in is a joke. A lot of us have had to redo the battery tray because of the same problem. I have not seen a motor mount come loose but it doesn't surprise me.

Unless you can get a replacement you might as well fix it yourself. Don't know what your experience level is for "home repairs" but you'll find you're almost always fixing something with these boats. And to be fair, it's not just ProBoat - stuff breaks! And that doesn't even include mods you might make.

I'd be willing to bet the mount bracket will pop right out with a little prodding. You could epoxy that nut back in place, remove the white stuff and reset the bracket also with epoxy or JB Weld. What stinks is you will probably want to remove everything from the hull so you have better access.

Let's hope you get a replacement. If not, you might want to start your own thread. There's a lot of knowledgeable people here and you should be able to work thru it.
    May your batteries never fail you...

Mike

I have to Say Horizon is standing behind the product. Without any hesitation or question they took responsibility and offered me a new hull but because they are backordered until Sept. They offered to return the boat and either give me my money back or a 3rd new boat. Of course being the junky I am, I opted for the new boat. I hope 3rd time is the charm. The 4-5minutes I got to run, it was a really sweet boat. Fingers crossed!
    On a side note...Anyone have any tricks for getting to the screws under the lip. My hands and an allen wrench are too big.

Thanks for the responses!!!

If you are referring to the 2 screws that hold the motor mounts together, I use a 1/4" drive swivel head ratchet, with a 2.5 mm allen socket. Works well....

I posted pictures of this back in April. See post #1879 in the below link.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...-thread/page63

Thanks Guys!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123