Thread: Castle 10amp Bec

Default Castle 10amp Bec

Hello all. picked up a Impulse. Is it a good idea to equip it with the Castle BEC? Boat electronics are stock..... Thanks in advance

Do you plan on running the boat on 2S?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Yes I am

My limited experience with external BEC's is they're mostly needed when running low voltage setups such as 2S. Next question, why are you going to run the Impulse on such little voltage? It will put a long like a barge. The boat is really setup for 6S, two 3S packs in series.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I understand that you will use one of the batteries (2S) of the two batteries in series. Or I think I understand ... (4S or 5S configuration if you use one of 3S and one of 2S). And feed the ccbec with a single lipo.
    Ccbec has a voltage input 2s to 6s. And the output adjustable from 4.8v to 9v. It is not water resistant, but you can do it.
    010-0153-00 is the new CC BEC 2.0 WATERPROOF VOLTAGE REGULATOR.
    I use external bec in my cars and now in boats. Remember to disconnect the power cable from the inverter (red) if you use external bec.

Thank you guys. I am going to be using a 4s set up. The previous owner ran the boat on a 6s set up but said everything became very hot after a run. I have read the stock esc doesn't have the "head room" to run reliably.

Also...Is it better to run this boat with a higher "c" rating on the batteries? Like 35c and up?

Also...i recieved the Grimracer L40x57 prop to go with the boat...The stock prop is on it now...but what affect would the grimracer prop have?

The stock electronics can handle 6S just fine if propped accordinly. You'll have no issues with 4S. You won't need a BEC in either case. Its generally recommended to use 50C or better batteries in fast electric boats. Proboat recommends at least their 50C Reaction packs. I don't know anything about that GrimRacer prop. I would start with using a balanced and sharpened stock prop and go from there.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Ok thank you! And I am in the middle of sharpening and balancing the stock prop now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mutter1 View Post
    Ok thank you! And I am in the middle of sharpening and balancing the stock prop now lol
    Excellent. Those Proboat stainless props are really thick and dull and can benefit from the treatment.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

ok...stock prop balanced and polished. Now just get some time to test her out...

Quote Originally Posted by Mutter1 View Post
    ok...stock prop balanced and polished. Now just get some time to test her out...
    Set your strut about 1/8" up from level with the bottom of the hull, and at a level angle. Improper adjustment there could have been part of the previous owners heat issues.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Ok I will give that a try. Thank you!