Thread: Shockwave 26 build? Yep, lol.

Default Shockwave 26 build? Yep, lol.

Soooo, I purchased this boat in stock, RTR trim, from the classifieds. I knew before I bought it that the canopy would need to be replaced, and I already had a hatch for it. Other than that, though, I had planned to keep it stock and add it to the kids fleet to bash at the lake. USPS had other plans, however, by loosening the electronics tray during shipping. Only the stuffing tube held everything together. That only gave me a reason to gut it and start from scratch. I immediately swapped out the stickers. After stripping out all the old epoxy I laid up what I'm sure is one of the few, if not only, Shockwave 26's in existence with a carbon fiber inlay, lol. I pretty much stick with West Systems G-flex 655 for bonding anything to plastic, so the carbon fiber (a couple scrap pieces) is bonded to the hull with Gflex, and while wet, the upper surface was treated to West Systems 105/207. I'll fill the bow with two-part expanding foam. Next, goes in the stuffing tube, motor mount, electronics, battery tray, and then a little modification to the stock hardware. The 3,190kv 3665 will be spinning a J. Wohlt wire-drive. Anyway, enjoy some laughs over a carbon inlay in the plastic 26" Pro Boat. I have to say, it's a beefcake of a plastic hull, now.

20170407_144614.jpg20170419_222444.jpg20170419_222737.jpg

Are you making it faster than low 30's? If so, do yourself a favor and redrill the stuffing tube hole higher on the transom.

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Are you making it faster than low 30's? If so, do yourself a favor and redrill the stuffing tube hole higher on the transom.
    Yes, I've got a 0.25" stuffing tube going in it, and I'm going to modify the strut stand-off for more adjustability, and move the prop away from the transom. I think you did the same thing with yours. The rudder standoff will be, likewise, extended with the strut.