Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Artist lake, middle island NY

HobbyKing has a ebay store got then from there.
    The small 120 esc is out of stock in the U.S. wearhouse
    Weather should be good in the morning till 3pm
    If you do go. remember to grab that prop for Mr
    This guy doing 440 for me is killing me on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Newboater View Post
    Before abandoning the ship go back to the 640 prop and try that on 5 or 6s. Check speed and temps. Bigford (Mark) runs the 2075 motor in a cat with a 3 blade 38mm and gets 56 with esc temps of 120. The motor maybe okay in the boat on 6s just reduce the prop back to the 640 and see what speed and temps you get. Then we can take a more educated guess as to the right set-up.
    My temps running theleopard 4074 1650kv and raider 150amp esc were 94* on the esc and 86 on the motor with the 645 prop. Oh and we also met you friend Doug (samek)
    Appreciate the advice. But, I am running out of patience for this trial-and-error stuff. So, I just got a Leopard 4074 1650kv, and I'll use one of my older 6 cell 5000 mah packs across the back. Not sure when I can get out with this setup.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

That is the setup I am running. Leopard 4074 1650 kv 150 amp raider esc. With a 645 prop you will run 40 with good temps. If you want more speed you can swing a 648. Only thing is with the 6s across the back you may need to angle the strut down a little.

Newboater and Bigford, great morning at the lake earlier. Thanks so much for the help, both you guys. Looking forward to squaring away my ride and keeping it in the pond! Thanks again, see you next week.

Good meeting you too

Fast electric will be at the lake Saturday morning @ 8:00
    The tug guys are getting a little bitch.....

Was it my inadvertant duck chasing or flying out of the pond that did it? Even after showing my rc prowess by sticking the landing on that second blow over? Oh well, Saturday it is.

Nothing to do with you I think they have been there long before us and the fast electrics are not their cup of tea.
    Last edited by Newboater; 06-04-2017 at 08:00 PM.

fweasel,
    No results for you today for some reason the spectrum 301 receiver took a dump. Lost signal intermittently and the fail safe kept the prop running in reverse.

LOL! ! I melted the middle motor wire out of the
    AquaStar 120 today.. I figure I'll solder it back on when I got home. Will I guess the capacitors got hot and leaked there fluid out too.... seaking 180
    On order I hope OSE delivers fast
    Last edited by Bigford; 06-04-2017 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Bad auto correct

Quote Originally Posted by Bigford View Post
    LOL! ! I melted the middle motor wire out of the
    AquaStar 120 today.. I figure I'll solder it back on when I got home. Will I guess the capacitors got hot and leaked there fluid out too.... seaking 180
    On order I hope OSE delivers fast
    What did that have on it 10 passes before it bit the farm?? I don't think it even got above 110*

The SUPER DAVE rescue tug rescued the impulse with the motor running in reverse. Damn your wife has good hearing. That being said will all the rescues mine being the most taxing pushing against the tug the whole way, she only used 2300mah out of the 5000mah. Ordered a new receiver hope it makes it here by Saturday.............

That is the setup I am running. Leopard 4074 1650 kv 150 amp raider esc. With a 645 prop you will run 40 with good temps. If you want more speed you can swing a 648. Only thing is with the 6s across the back you may need to angle the strut down a little.
    My biggest available ESC is 120 amp rated. It's a Turnigy Aquastar like Bigford's. It looks like a re-branded Swordfish 120 with two extra caps and only one cooling tube. It even works with my Swordfish programmer. So, with only 120 amp rating, I am going to start with an M545 prop instead of 645. Battery location is now an issue. I think I'm going to lay it next to the motor and just be off balance to the port side. May get to the lake tomorrow.

Glad to see you using Artist Lake. I used to watch the nitro boats there 25 years ago.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

The apparitions left motor was cutting out. Unplug the right esc and alls good. Two 120 esc with a battery for
    Each one red wire pulled on one esc.
    Took the left esc and ran it up in the genesis with no
    Problems.

Hi Ron,started on my princess today with help from newboater ,hope to have it together in a couple of weeks. Not sure if it is ok to post my e mail on this site,Ken has my info, if you get it from him we can communicate directly.Hope to go to artist lake this sunday and get some runs in with the group there.

doug

Just received the swordfish program box v2
    Plugged in the esc and nothing.. upgrade or esc press ok
    Then a blank screen. I'm really starting to hate fast electrics.

Quote Originally Posted by samek View Post
    Hi Ron,started on my princess today with help from newboater ,hope to have it together in a couple of weeks. Not sure if it is ok to post my e mail on this site,Ken has my info, if you get it from him we can communicate directly.Hope to go to artist lake this sunday and get some runs in with the group there.

doug
    Not OK to post email. I have sent a test message to your email on the club roster.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    My biggest available ESC is 120 amp rated. It's a Turnigy Aquastar like Bigford's. It looks like a re-branded Swordfish 120 with two extra caps and only one cooling tube. It even works with my Swordfish programmer. So, with only 120 amp rating, I am going to start with an M545 prop instead of 645. Battery location is now an issue. I think I'm going to lay it next to the motor and just be off balance to the port side. May get to the lake tomorrow.

Glad to see you using Artist Lake. I used to watch the nitro boats there 25 years ago.
    Total failure. Boat went 100 feet and motor cooked. Have no idea why it would not work like yours.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Total failure. Boat went 100 feet and motor cooked. Have no idea why it would not work like yours.
    What motor were you running that cooked? Was there a bearing issue or any noise prior to the seizing?

What motor were you running that cooked? Was there a bearing issue or any noise prior to the seizing?
    Leopard 4074 1650kv, just like yours. 545 prop, not 645 like yours. I oiled the bearings before installation. No warning signs. Heck, it only ran for about 15 seconds, including moving it away from the shore. Motor is kinda small for this size hull. Maybe you are just lucky.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

The hull is about 31" I don't think the motor was too small as you were running a 3674 2075kv prior. Sounds unrelated to motor size especially if it cooked it that fast. My motor and esc temps were both under 100*F
    After running over 5 minutes. Maybe one of the copper windings came loose causing a short.

The hull is about 31" I don't think the motor was too small as you were running a 3674 2075kv prior. Sounds unrelated to motor size especially if it cooked it that fast. My motor and esc temps were both under 100*F
    After running over 5 minutes. Maybe one of the copper windings came loose causing a short.
    I am returning it to OSE for examination. Back at Grumman Aerospace Corp, we called that FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis). Hey, at least no astronauts were harmed in this incident.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

OSE saves the day!!! Seaking 180,program box and prop sleeves showed up today. Now only I'd the new batteries would get here.. I hate fedex

Ok back to the lake today.
    Genesis got a new
    Seaking 180 esc 2 3s 5000 hrb lipos and a two
    Blade 42mm prop. Temp were 135°f on the esc
    120° on motor and 117° on the batteries.
    Timing was set to 0° I think I didn't set the lvc properly at I was losing speed quick

Impulse 31 at the lake with Bigford and Linewbie for some prop testing.
    Run 1 CNC 648 Detounged weight on the prop only 3.5g Temp ESC 101 motor 98 after the pass 55.1mph Video:https://youtu.be/K9_mu5rYYwg

Run 2 Dasboata 1815-17 weight on prop 11.2g. Temp Esc 101 motor 98 after pass 56.2mph video:https://youtu.be/0jDRmSM0tNY

Running the boat for about 5 minutes non stop with the 1914 ESC temps were 125 motor 134.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Newboater; 06-12-2017 at 08:46 AM. Reason: wrong prop

Mine is sitting on the bench stripped down to bare hull. Motor, esc, servo and receiver stripped from subframe, for lack of the proper term. Ive got projects lined up for weekend but will have it back together and ready for next sat. Got a good baseline earlier for cog and strut adjustment and now need to slide the batteries aft to find sweet spot. Thanks guys.

I bet it won't be so squirrelly now

Had some time earlier today so I started getting it back together. Ill be good to go by Sat.

Well next Saturday we will get it dialed in

One of these days I tell 'ya! been running south shore (Baldwin). I live probably 20 mins from Artist lake although.

Im heading out now.

I finally got the 440/3 after 3 weeks. I was getting the
    Boat ready for Saturday. While messing with the flex shaft
    And collet I popped the stuffing tube loose
    From the hull. It looks like they wrapped it up In glass and
    Resined it to the hull. What do I need to fix the problem?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast