Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Artist lake, middle island NY

Another weekend of fun at the lake. Then I lost the prop
    Apparently the lock nut walked off and the prop went with it. This is getting to be an expensive hobby!!

Sorry I couldnt make it this am. With tomorrow being a bust weather wise Im taking care of a bunch of yard crap today. My bullet connectors will be in next week, and I just bought a soldering iron today at HD, so I will be able to set up 6S by next Sunday morning. I just attached one of those collar things on my flex shaft to prevent losing the prop and the shaft, might be something worth looking into for your application.

I'm still running the two part drive line
    So my shaft can't fall out

Quote Originally Posted by Bigford View Post
    Another weekend of fun at the lake. Then I lost the prop
    Apparently the lock nut walked off and the prop went with it. This is getting to be an expensive hobby!!
    Wait till you cook a few ESC's and waste a few lipo's Boats are known as money pits so why would the hobby be any different. Just finished taking the 35mm 4 blade Raboesch prop I bought for my Tug, and grinding it down to 29mm. Want the Tug to be a little faster then stock, but the 35mm 4 blade made it run too fast and way too nose high, looked ridiculous. Ground it down to 29mm and reshaped it so hopefully that should do the trick.

quick little video boat runs consistant 40.8mph

https://youtu.be/iYT1gVucW9Y

Quote Originally Posted by Newboater View Post
    quick little video boat runs consistant 40.8mph

https://youtu.be/iYT1gVucW9Y
    Good show. Now I'm really bummed out. Tried an Octura 447 prop and got just 27 mph, Graupner plastic 448 and got 26 mph. So, I lost a little from the Octura 445 at 28 mph. I have to rethink the whole setup. If I stay with 4 cells, I have other motors in the 2000 kv range to try. If I go to 6 cells, then I need to get a 40 mm motor of around 1600 kv.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

I ran at Artist back in the late 80's with our club LIMBA we were running nitro back then the sunday morning scale guys have been there before us I live localy I have to pay $70 for a permit to run gas there but between the fisherman and the duck feeders to much hassle any way guys I sell props and revolectix batteries I have a few Aeromarine cat hull if you need any thing drop me a e mail

How fat from the lake are you? Should stop by
    Sundays at 8am

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Good show. Now I'm really bummed out. Tried an Octura 447 prop and got just 27 mph, Graupner plastic 448 and got 26 mph. So, I lost a little from the Octura 445 at 28 mph. I have to rethink the whole setup. If I stay with 4 cells, I have other motors in the 2000 kv range to try. If I go to 6 cells, then I need to get a 40 mm motor of around 1600 kv.
    Before abandoning the ship go back to the 640 prop and try that on 5 or 6s. Check speed and temps. Bigford (Mark) runs the 2075 motor in a cat with a 3 blade 38mm and gets 56 with esc temps of 120. The motor maybe okay in the boat on 6s just reduce the prop back to the 640 and see what speed and temps you get. Then we can take a more educated guess as to the right set-up.
    My temps running theleopard 4074 1650kv and raider 150amp esc were 94* on the esc and 86 on the motor with the 645 prop. Oh and we also met you friend Doug (samek)

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    I ran at Artist back in the late 80's with our club LIMBA we were running nitro back then the sunday morning scale guys have been there before us I live localy I have to pay $70 for a permit to run gas there but between the fisherman and the duck feeders to much hassle any way guys I sell props and revolectix batteries I have a few Aeromarine cat hull if you need any thing drop me a e mail
    I will be running your 1914 prop on Sunday on my Impulse 31 to see if it puts me in the mid 50's like we discussed. I ran your 1814 with the same results as the 645 I did 52/53, hopefully this prop will get the job done. If you're not doing anything come on down most of the guys who were there way before us just run tug boats and some brushed motor electrics in the 15-20mph range, funny thing is they still have an occaisonal break down even at that speed.

I ran a 1914 on my impulse yesterday for 20s. Hit 17mph right before the cable snapped and lost the prop. Interested to see how you do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    I ran a 1914 on my impulse yesterday for 20s. Hit 17mph right before the cable snapped and lost the prop. Interested to see how you do with it.
    What is the set-up on the boat also a V3 Model?

that sucks have you check the cable lately is it aftermarket did it break on the solider joint because if it did it's in you stuffing box strut alignment !!!!

No, cheap original Proboat cable. I think they're crimped, no soldered. Replacing with a wire drive, but still deciding on the replacement prop which is why I'm interested in Newboater's run.

For a big boat named princess she hauls ass

Before abandoning the ship go back to the 640 prop and try that on 5 or 6s. Check speed and temps. Bigford (Mark) runs the 2075 motor in a cat with a 3 blade 38mm and gets 56 with esc temps of 120. The motor maybe okay in the boat on 6s just reduce the prop back to the 640 and see what speed and temps you get. Then we can take a more educated guess as to the right set-up.
    My temps running theleopard 4074 1650kv and raider 150amp esc were 94* on the esc and 86 on the motor with the 645 prop. Oh and we also met you friend Doug (samek)
    I'll consider that. I only have 4 and 6 cell packs, but the 6 cell 5000's weigh a ton. Is that what you are using, or two 3S? I also have the original 1620 kv motor. It's a good kv for 6 cells, but might be weak on high amps. Anyway, I can't get out for a week or so.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

I am running two 3s packs SMC 7200mah that are over a pound each. I have them mounted left and right side of the motor
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Dave
    We could be brother separated by WTF!!
    While looking on ebay for some large lipos
    I came across this proboat 1/12 miss budweiser hydro.
    Offered the guy 100.00 and now have a new non runner
    On its way to me LOL!!!

No, cheap original Proboat cable. I think they're crimped, no soldered. Replacing with a wire drive, but still deciding on the replacement prop which is why I'm interested in Newboater's run.
    Oh you wont use that again If Steve has aeromarine cables , I use them !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigford View Post
    Hey Dave
    We could be brother separated by WTF!!
    While looking on ebay for some large lipos
    I came across this proboat 1/12 miss budweiser hydro.
    Offered the guy 100.00 and now have a new non runner
    On its way to me LOL!!!
    Are you going to set that up for electric or leave in nitro

Its going to be an Electric conversion.
    Need to find you one to race with

I'll run the boat this weekend 6/4. I have two different props to try will GPS both and have results, unless I snap a cable also....

Or lose a prop

Ill be there. Just completed soldering up a few batteries with 6mm bullets so Ill try running 6s for the first time. Hopefully the boat stays right side up and my ESC doesnt melt down!!!

I'll run the boat this weekend 6/4. I have two different props to try will GPS both and have results, unless I snap a cable also....
    Cool. Good luck. You're running the Voracity 1650kv motor, right? I've got a spare one of those, maybe I'll switch over to that as well.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Well my two esc's arrived for the apparition today
    To bad there the wrong ones!!!
    I ordered these

And received these

How do you have two totally different esc with the same name and screw up

It looks like the ESC you received could actually be the one's pictured with heat shrink over them, well that, and different colored wire. Possible?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Twice the size of the one in the top pic.

Cool. Good luck. You're running the Voracity 1650kv motor, right? I've got a spare one of those, maybe I'll switch over to that as well.
    Yes running the Voracity 1650Kv

Mark,
    where did you get the ESC's from, also looks like the weekend might be a wash out with rain.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast