Thread: I apologize if this is not the place for a suggestion.

Default I apologize if this is not the place for a suggestion.

I had recently Overhauled my Gieco V3 - I upgrade to OSE heavy duty flex cable assembly, and CNC 7075 prop. I used the provided included (cable assembly locking nut and bullet nut)
    The torque after 5+ minutes of running, literally loosened and spun off both nuts ( YES I LOST BOTH MY NUTS! ) :)

I might suggest that a nut with nylon is included instead to make assembly more secure.

And yes i was sure everything was tight before running....

I have no control over what Steve sells, but IME you should always use a true lock nut, like these:

https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...?prod=ose-8135

Jam nuts cannot be relied upon to hold a spinning prop. They may work for awhile, but they will eventually fail.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    I had recently Overhauled my Gieco V3 - I upgrade to OSE heavy duty flex cable assembly, and CNC 7075 prop. I used the provided included (cable assembly locking nut and bullet nut)
    The torque after 5+ minutes of running, literally loosened and spun off both nuts ( YES I LOST BOTH MY NUTS! ) :)

I might suggest that a nut with nylon is included instead to make assembly more secure.

And yes i was sure everything was tight before running....
    I ALWAYS put a dab of locktite on the prop shaft threads no matter what kind of nut is on there. Usually just a lock nut is all I use. My buddy runs a bullet with a dab of locktite and that's it. Lost a $50 prop once, never again.

I lost a x455 Dsasbota prop using a nylon lock nut, never again. The lock tite will be my new norm with those aircraft lock nuts.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I use loctite too but if you swap props as much as I do, you don't give it a chance to loosen up. Lol. I did lose a prop once using a set screw type bullet nut. I no longer use those.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Ouch!