Thread: Top Speed on 6s????

Default Top Speed on 6s????

Ive had my Voracity for a few weeks now and I finally got some glass smooth water and did a top speed run. Im running 5400mah 75c X2...Im only getting 39.6mph! I tried a battery swap with the same results. Temps are good and the boat seems to be running great, but I expected closer to 50mph?!!?!?!? Thoughts ?

battery placement? drivedog gap? balanced and sharpened prop? prop size? strut position? trim tab position? A lot to be answered, a lot to be adjusted.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by robertm235 View Post
    I finally got some glass smooth water and did a top speed run
    That seems to be a major misconception. For top speeds, you want a small chop on the surface, not glass flat. Glass flat presents more drag on the hull.

Need more info. Is the boat running wet? Probably plowing through the water.

Don't laugh. I've done this multiple times. Make sure you didn't parallel two 3s packs instead of putting them in series.
    Noisy person

That seems to be a major misconception. For top speeds, you want a small chop on the surface, not glass flat. Glass flat presents more drag on the hull.
    That seems a major misconception, I hear it all the time. Yet, most all the highest speed SAW records were set on pretty flat water. If your boat is faster on choppy water then it is set up too tight for smooth water.

But what do I know, I've only set a couple dozen SAW records in both NAMBA and IMPBA....

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    That seems a major misconception, I hear it all the time. Yet, most all the highest speed SAW records were set on pretty flat water. If your boat is faster on choppy water then it is set up too tight for smooth water.

But what do I know, I've only set a couple dozen SAW records in both NAMBA and IMPBA....

Hmm, how about that.

ESC is not set to max throttle position maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post

I've made my fastest passes on flat water. So I agree.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was