Thread: seaking 180a help

Default seaking 180a help

Hello, new to these electronics. I have the seaking 180 v3 esc with my proboat transmitter and mr200 receiver that came with the boat. The mr200 receiver went bad light didnt come and the esc would just slow beep...beep...beep. So I bought a new receiver the sr310 I binded it to the transmitter, the receiver flashes and then goes solid but after that the esc does a faster beep.beep.beep continuously. I unplug the bind plug turn off the esc and then transmitter, then turn on the transmitter and then the esc, the steering servo goes crazy twitching, the esc counts the number of cells then it goes fast beep.beep.beep continuously, the steering moves with the trasmitter but not fully servo goes crazy twitching and theres no throttle response it skips a beep the i pull throttle. What is the issue here? Thanks for the help

when i try to do the throttle calibration, I do not get any communication beeps, it just goes straight to the cell counts then the fast beeps contiuously

Are the steering and throttle trims set to "0" on the transmitter?

reverse the throttle channel on your TX , try different trim settings, i've had some esc's like 100% trim some like 0 and others somewhere in between. The beeping is usually a sign the esc is not seing the signal it wants from the rx.
    Sounds like your servo may have gotten water inside, do you have another to do testing with? T

I was thinking maybe the servo went bad also, my boat did sink about 2 weeks ago but it did work a couple time after.
    I will try servo tomorrow. Its funny how everything just goes down the same time.

So when u say set to 0, that lining up the lines and dot indicator?

I dont understand when you guys say 0, sorry

Cool

You didn't tell us the boat sank. Water in the ESC could cause the issue too....

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Well isn't it suppose to be waterproof, it was freshwater btw. I blew everything with the air compressor. The last thing happened 2 days ago is that the boat was working fine and then my prop shaft gave loose from the flex cable lost that and my prop. Brought the boat in then i went home put another shaft and prop and thats when this issue started. Another thing is its the proboat transmitter with the sr310 receiver if that will make a difference?
    Last edited by jokers; 04-03-2017 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jokers View Post
    when i try to do the throttle calibration, I do not get any communication beeps, it just goes straight to the cell counts then the fast beeps contiuously
    I would try this again. Turn the transmitter on and hold full throttle. Then turn on the receiver and esc. It should beep a couple times at which point let the trigger go to neutral. You should hear one, long final beep when it is done. If your not getting beeps going through this something is wrong. You might try disconnecting the steering servo while doing this if it is acting up. Good luck

Thanks for the input, I did try all of that.

I have resolve the problem apparently the provoat transmitter that came with the proboat mystic is not compatible with the sr310 receiver, I have tried a buddies dx2e and it worked, now i need a new radio