Thread: Impulse 31 prop

Default Impulse 31 prop

Hi guys, I've recently purchased a impulse 31 and am hooked with it (it's my first boat), atm it's totally stock I'm running 6s 65c batteries, what prop can I upgrade to? Also any other upgrades recommend?

Check out the impulse 31 forum

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

For whatever reason, the Impulse 31 V3 never got much love on this forum and there are not many threads on it. The stock prop is the same one used on the Proboat 29" cats and is just a fraction of a mm smaller than an Octura x440. Assuming you're going to run the boat on 6S, you can go as small as an x442, or a little bigger with a x642 or m545. I just got my Impulse back together and plan on doing my shakedown runs with an x440/3 prop before I go bigger.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

FWIW, I ran my Impulse 31 V3 today, stock electronics, Wohlt's wire drive, 3S Revo graphenes, with a Dasboata ABC 1716 prop and ran 58mph today in pretty good conditions. Definitely a SAW setup, not super stable, but the temps were all in check. I think that's about the limit of that boat, just too squirrely at that speed.

2017-07-30 10.22.06.jpg
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)