Thread: Deltaforce Hulls, fit finish, etc...

Default Deltaforce Hulls, fit finish, etc...

I must say I really like Deltaforce hulls. I've owned a number of them fover the years and any I've sold I have regretted it later.

In the past, as in my DF33 the hulls were fairly light and very nicely buffed. These days it seems the hulls are not as buffed but, slightly more stought, stronger and tougher.

They got rid of the Bus Yellow which I miss but that's o.k. I wish I knew that before I bought a yellow Cyberstorm but, it's staying with me anyway.

I've had other hulls in my hands like a new but 2002 vintage Aeromarine MM1 hull and some TFL hulls and I still prefer a DF hull by far.

For one thing you can build and maintain it without cutting your hands to ribbons with glass shards like some others...

So even though the Canadian dollar sucks in relation to the US dollar, I am still looking forward to an addition to my fleet, a Pathfinder cat. As soon as Steve gets in a new shipment I will get my color of choice - not yellow, lol...

Got everything to build it into a speccy sprinter to replace my Geico since it's just had about enough. I've got plans to twin that out some day

What do You guys say?

Any comments on other brands not mentioned? I mean mainly 36" and under that is...

I wish DF made a hull to compete with the Cheetah, that would be Cherry or Orange
    Nortavlag Bulc

Hey Ray,
    I have a pirate done up real nice, no complaints of fit and finish. Really like the boat.

I have a vortex 24 and a 29" mono I think the finish is real nice I love the df hulls. Ray looking forward to seeing what you do with the pathfinder, Im really liking that hull it reminds me of a motley.

....I love my pirate, it's pretty slippery but still carves great turns and isn't too 'swimmy' .....aaarrrggghhh me hearties!

I was very tempted to get a Pirate however big boats and 6s gets expensive. If I trash my Whip 40 I would put some of the guts in one. It has very nice lines.

C'mon Sam and ship those boats to Steve.
    Nortavlag Bulc

...My pirate is a twin 4S. I'm tempted to take what I have learnt from the build and try a twin 6S DF MK11. I think that's a 39" hull?

You could go all-out with a Sniper but it's bigger yet.

Since I can't handle boats that large, I settled on a mini Sniper. I've started it but I need the motor to set it up. I built another one before that I sold which was a mistake.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I have a build on my pirate, on page 5 of the build thread. Delta Force 35 inch Pirate from OSE, nothing fancy . Check it out.