Thread: 1742-3 Octura

Default 1742-3 Octura

One of these day I will do my prop homework and learn what props are for what etc.

I have this 1742-3 it is not good for any of my boats. Quick question, would this prop be a choice for the Mean Machine? Figure I would ask before I put it up on swap.

Try this as a reference
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I think that series of props has better success in a rigger or hydro due to a bit more lift...
    Try the X or M series on your Cat or even Prather props.
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Cool

According to Tom the 1700 series are the highest lift props he makes - definately for hydros. The P700 series are similar but with a bit less lift. Cats usually don't like lifting props - they can sometimes be made to work, but X-series, M-series and Prather props are easier to set up and usually just as fast.

Fluid way back on a differnt thread you were right.. I had to give all the props a try since they were suggested from someone I thought should know.

Here is a pretty good chart. I saw this a while back and just refound it on this page. I am gonna keep the 1740-3, I may have a use for it in the future... I put the 1742-3 up on ebay

http://www.funrcboats.com/prop_chart1.htm#Chart