Thread: 1:10 Scale 1955 Gale V For Sale!

Default 1:10 Scale 1955 Gale V For Sale!

For Sale: 1955 Gale V with real mahogany decks! This is a model of the Schoenith's legendary Detroit boat that stole the Gold Cup from the Seattle teams in '55 and became national champion in the same year.

It is constructed with plywood over foam and has hand-painted graphics like the real boat. Six years of hard racing in the Northwest and still looks good on the water. It could use some new silver paint on the bottom and a little refurb. The boat has won many races, 4 Classic Thunder championships, a couple of TCS titles and most recently placed a close second at nationals. It's been a great boat for me. It's light, sturdy and proven.

It comes with the stuffing box, motor mount and velcro in place, so the setup remains. It also includes a Speedmaster rudder, skid fins for CT and NAMBA specs, an installed standard servo mount and a boat stand. Selling locally is preferred as I'd love to race against it and see it on the water still, but It's first come, first served. $400 plus shipping. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks. This is also posted at http://classicthunder.us/ForSale/UsedBoat.htm.

55GaleVTCSwin.jpg GaleV (2).jpg GaleV (3).jpg GaleV (5).jpg
    Mitch Dillard
    1:10 Scale Hydroplane Enthusiast
    hydroscalecreations.us, email:hydroscale@gmail.com

Mitch, I'm going to post a link to this one our clubs FB page. Nice looking ride.
    Noisy person

"I'll take it" as long as shipping is under $50 to Michigan 48322... which it should be.

I race with MMEU and have been looking for a good 10th scale as its become one of our regular classes.
    Be cool to have this Detroit boat racing in Michigan.

Thank, Dave
    Have fun with that....

Dave, I'll check on shipping. It's been a while since I tried to ship a boat, but I think it was a little over $50. It's a big box! I'll keep you posted via email. Glue Sniffer, thanks for looking out. I appreciate it.
    Mitch Dillard

Beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Coug90 View Post
    Dave, I'll check on shipping. It's been a while since I tried to ship a boat, but I think it was a little over $50. It's a big box! I'll keep you posted via email. Glue Sniffer, thanks for looking out. I appreciate it.
    With UPS Ground services it should ship for about $35 to $45 given the box should weigh around 10 to 15 lbs.
    Let me know and I'll get you settled up via PayPal.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Last edited by dethow; 03-23-2017 at 09:53 PM.
    Have fun with that....

Gotta Love The Shovels !!!

I have the boat packed to my satisfaction with plenty of protection around it and will get shipping quotes to Michigan. I still think it's going to be over $50 as it weighs more than 15 pounds. Let's call it potentially sold to dethow for now. But if you aren't happy with the shipping cost, it'll go to one of two others who want it. I'll email you with the shipping cost and you can make a decision on what you want to do.
    Mitch Dillard

Quote Originally Posted by dethow View Post
    "I'll take it" as long as shipping is under $50 to Michigan 48322... which it should be.

I race with MMEU and have been looking for a good 10th scale as its become one of our regular classes.
    Be cool to have this Detroit boat racing in Michigan.

Thank, Dave
    Email sent with shipping quote via Fedex Ground. Email me with your decision, so I know whether you're still interested, thanks.
    Mitch Dillard

Email sent with shipping quote via Fedex Ground. Email me with your decision, so I know whether you're still interested, thanks.
    Bottom line is that if I have to pay those shipping costs, I will.
    But I think we can do better on costs with UPS.

Thank, Dave
    Have fun with that....

I'll still take it.
    Get me your PayPal information and I'll get you settled up for $525 shipped.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Have fun with that....

Quote Originally Posted by dethow View Post
    Bottom line is that if I have to pay those shipping costs, I will.
    But I think we can do better on costs with UPS.

Thank, Dave
    UPS will save you about $10 according to the calculator. You decide and send the appropriate amount. I'll make sure I get it to the chosen company for you. Boat sold upon receipt of payment, thanks Dave.
    Mitch Dillard

UPS will save you about $10 according to the calculator. You decide and send the appropriate amount. I'll make sure I get it to the chosen company for you. Boat sold upon receipt of payment, thanks Dave.
    Thanks for taking the time to check it out...
    I sent you over $525 via PayPal. You can have the savings if you'd like to go with UPS.

Any notes you can provide on recommended setup would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Have fun with that....

Boat received today. Very nicely packaged. Boat looks good and as described.
    Mitch was very good to deal with. He even sent me a refund on difference of actual shipping costs.

Thanks Mitch
    Have fun with that....