Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big Boy Feigao 580L

I run the 6L in my 29" cat on 4s1p, top speed in race trim so far is 48mph, thats with a m440/3 prop.

Heath

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Heath M View Post
    I run the 6L in my 29" cat on 4s1p, top speed in race trim so far is 48mph, thats with a m440/3 prop.

Heath
    Heath, Why would you run a large 580 motor in a small cat I would say an 10 XL or 8XL would be better in 4s

Would you have a C of G to high with all that weight?

Just wanting to set up a 34 inch cat with a single drive and keep the C of G low to keep it stable.

Heath does it matter? or i am been to fussy?

Zane,
    The motor is perfect for it, look at the pic in my avatar that's it there. I have the COG set between 30 and 33 %. The single 4s pack set across the boat in front of the motor evenly distributing the weight. Come up to Lakeside this Sunday if your in the brisbane area and you'll see it run

Heath

Wink

Zane,
    The motor is perfect for it, look at the pic in my avatar that's it there. I have the COG set between 30 and 33 %. The single 4s pack set across the boat in front of the motor evenly distributing the weight. Come up to Lakeside this Sunday if your in the brisbane area and you'll see it run

Heath
    Heath I mean C of G up and down

If i understand you correctly, thats why i have the battery in front of the motor across ways to help get the nose down

Smile

If i understand you correctly, thats why i have the battery in front of the motor across ways to help get the nose down
    Heath, I mean High C of G or Low C of G Not bow to stern.

I ran the 580L 6T on my XT460 Tunnel hull yesterday. The motor is an animal, far too much power for the 7.5 sized tunnel hull. Folded the bladed over on a heat treated octura 1450, huge amounts of torque.

Setup:
    Lee Craft XT460 tunnel
    Hyperformance 7.5cc bullet drive
    4S2P 4500 30C elite cells
    CC Hydra 240
    580L 6T
    Prather S235

Temps after 6 laps and a mill lap:
    Motor-115f
    ESC-cold
    Cells-120f
    6100 mah used.

I think a 7T will be better on this boat. Unbelievable performance for the money. The 6T is going in a rigger next. The 6T and 7T are probably the ultimate budget P class competition motors. I certainly wouldn't feel like I was at a disadvantage running them against more expensive options. Upgraded bearings aren't a bad option.
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Brian, thanks for the update, these are very good news...
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Quote Originally Posted by raptor347 View Post
    I ran the 580L 6T on my XT460 Tunnel hull yesterday. The motor is an animal, far too much power for the 7.5 sized tunnel hull. Folded the bladed over on a heat treated octura 1450, huge amounts of torque.

Setup:
    Lee Craft XT460 tunnel
    Hyperformance 7.5cc bullet drive
    4S2P 4500 30C elite cells
    CC Hydra 240
    580L 6T
    Prather S235

Temps after 6 laps and a mill lap:
    Motor-115f
    ESC-cold
    Cells-120f
    6100 mah used.

I think a 7T will be better on this boat. Unbelievable performance for the money. The 6T is going in a rigger next. The 6T and 7T are probably the ultimate budget P class competition motors. I certainly wouldn't feel like I was at a disadvantage running them against more expensive options. Upgraded bearings aren't a bad option.
    Thanks for the info Brian!
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Yah... this thing was STUPID fast... WAY more power than the huge 34" hull could handle... I think this would be very interesting in a P-Mono...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Here's pis of the boat and install. The hull is 33 7/8" long. It's 41" from the nose to the end of the cavitation plate. The 580L is a big motor and it looks small on this setup.

I milled holes in both the endbells so that it would drain after the inevitable flips and flyoffs.

I'm going to swap the 6T for a 7T and tune it to run 2 lap time trials. I can only imagine the carnage of a 6 boat heat of these things.
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Heath
    So what was the consensus on this? I ask because I am about to build a 29" sprint cat and thought for a moment about the 580L. It initially would seem that this motor is to big for a 30" hull but you, Heath, has been able to make this work. Any thoughts from anyone else? thx

I am considering this motor for my Triton build. Any thoughts? overkill? after quite a bit of researching I found this hull was designed to handle more power than most people put in it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123