Thread: Micro Outboard project

Default Micro Outboard project

Here are some pics showing project of making a TINY brushless outboard. I made a gear and shaft/bearing set from old micro rc car parts and a upper unit from a kyosho micro boat which acted only as a steering dummy engine. I hope to make the lower unit fully functioning and install the tiny outrunner up top. my wedding ring and thumb are in pictures to show scale. I added the pictures if my scratch built 8" or so Skater 21 scale hull I want to build, it is next to a Kyosho Mini-Z F1 hull. I just sold my Full size 21 foot Skater with 225 Promax outboard a few months ago and I really loved that boat. Just too many toys to keep around!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sfileccia; 03-20-2017 at 01:51 PM.

What size boat do you plan to mount this cute little motor on? Power - 2S, 4S? ESC?

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Pretty neat! What's it going on??

You might like this then. I went through a ton of ideas back in 2010. It used the same motor size class. I did get it running, but had nothing to mount it to.
    https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...rd-Motor/page5

The final piece is here. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=143

OSE isn't letting me get to the "advanced" post screen so I can't copy pics over.

Wow, that is neat. I just left my last job that had a SLA machine to make small accurate parts like the ones you show. I should have designed the full motor and "printed" it out before I left there! I like all the options you show.

I have a custom Catamaran Hull I built that I hope to put it on. I will post a picture of it soon.